pex promotion issue

Piercy

Hi,

i wonder if someone can help me (tried posting this on PMC but its site is slow and rubbish and i reckon its more techy here than there :)). This is for bukkit rather than tekkit but i am going to be soon using the same file for tekkit so that shouldnt really matter. I am having an issue with pex where it says the user isn't promotable. I can't seem to figure out why. I am trying to do this in game not from the console and i am in the owner group. I am pretty sure it is to do with the rank and weight settings but i cant seems to figure it.

The idea is i have 3 ranking ladders: Player, Donator and Staff.

Player: Default -> Regular -> Trusted -> VIP

Donator: Iron -> Gold -> Diamond

Staff: Moderator -> Admin

Standalone: Owner

Doing the following fails with the not promotable error:

/pex promote SomePlayer player

However, doing the same for the donator or staff ranking ladders works:

/pex promote SomePlayer donator

/pex promote SomePlayer staff

I cannot seem to figure whats up with the player ranking ladder. I have tried a few different options with the ranks and weights so it is a little odd at the moment. Still here is the file with the actual permissions nodes removed as i didnt think this was relevent for my issue.

http://pastebin.com/wMH4jXeT

• 1 month later...

You should get an error like "User is not on the default ladder"

I never used the weights because the rank was always enough. I have no idea what they even do, but otherwise your file looks fine. You still need to 'group set' to go from "player" to "staff" though since that is the end of that ladder.

I am pretty sure it is to do with the rank and weight settings but i cant seems to figure it.

You are partially right, it has to do with ranks. The weight setting has to do with the order the permissions are read.

Since this was posted in November, I have to ask, has this problem already been fixed? If so, what was wrong with it?