Help modpack is vanilla

jonprutt

I have created an modpack and followed many guides and forums to do so but when i finally started it it was just regular minecraft this most be something whit the modpack right? so i tryed barebonespack and everything seem to work there exept a bunch of mods i deleted but it still dosnt seem to work. i also have another question  what is config for? i dont really understand that. here is a link to my modpack. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bua0fkisi7wg6q2/The%20Dungeoneers.zip?

• Discord Moderator

From my previous response:

• Always provide the API URL or a link to the platform pack page.
  • Dropbox public URLs should be altered in the following manner: Change "www" to "dl". Change "dropbox" to "dropboxusercontent". Remove any trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1".
  • Your modpack.jar is a ZIP format archive containing the file "modpack.jar". <insert Inception joke> The modpack.jar file should be the Forge universal binary JAR file renamed to "modpack.jar". Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Your Damage Indicators mod is not from a legitimate source. Always obtain your mods directly from the mod authors' preferred locations.
  • Your collection of config files is incomplete. If you are using the BareBonesPack (BBP) to build and test your modpack you should be including the /config/ folder with all of its contents. Once you have the pack working fine through the BBP, simply copy the complete config folder from there to your staging area for your own pack.

oh i am sry i missed some stuff here is the link to my modpack site http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/the-dungeoneers.831365 but i have fixed the url and the modpack.jar and now i have removed the damage indicators mod. and what do you mean by collections of config files do you need those? here is the new link whit damage indicators removed.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bua0fkisi7wg6q2/The%20Dungeoneers.zip? 

• Discord Moderator
  • When you provide the API URL or pack page link you no longer need to provide the download URL. We can get that from your pack metadata.
  • You don't have to remove damage indicators, you just need to get it from the correct location.
  • Your pack data has changed (modpack contents) but you have not incremented the pack version number. Any time you alter the pack data or metadata you must also increment the pack version number.
  • Your /bin/modpack.jar file is actually named "modpack.jar.jar". Google "windows explorer always show file extensions" to learn how to prevent this issue.

When you are building/testing the pack using the BareBonesPack there will be a /config/ folder created which contains all the config files for your mods. After you are done editing those to tweak things to your preferences (you have so few mods you might not need to edit anything), you should include the /config/ folder from %appdata%/.technic/modpacks/barebonespack/ in your own modpack archive.

• Discord Moderator

Everyone needs a hobby. It only takes a small bit of time each day. This just happens to be one of the things I am fairly good at. I am glad you have been helped by my efforts.

Now, on the excellent advice of the Ghostbusters crew: Yes.

Edited by plowmanplow