Modpack server wont work Plz Help

jonprutt

I have created an modpack http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/the-dungeoneers.831365 that me and my friends can play. but we want an server so i followed this tutorial https://technicpack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203799459-How-to-create-a-server-for-your-Platform-modpack but my server wont work! here is an link to my server download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fr5fzzta9zkun9l/Server.zip?. i would love any support!

• Discord Moderator

I would recommend going through this post: Setting Up A Server

You are missing the minecraft server JAR, all the libraries, and the rest of the support files that go with the server. You also have no batch/script file to launch the server. You should not be just launching one of the JAR files to start the server.

Edited by plowmanplow

But in the tutorial https://technicpack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203799459-How-to-create-a-server-for-your-Platform-modpack it did not say anything about that i was wondering when the guide ended beacuse i am familiar whit servers but there was no other tutorial so i just stack whit that and i cant really get much information from the link you posted

and when i am installing the forge is it going to be server download or universal

oh i saw k thanks plowman

• Discord Moderator
  • Please don't put the "?" at the end of the dropbox URLs. It breaks the direct link.
  • You have changed the name of the "minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar" to "server.jar". This breaks the library inclusions.
  • Don't forget to edit the eula.txt file to set "eula=true".

so i changed the server but inside the startserver.bat there is just an command to open the forge not to open the minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar and it just says an error like this

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTarge
tException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.j
ava:43)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.
java:12)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
        ... 8 more
Press any key to continue . . .

and yes i changed the startserver to pause and i changed it back direclty after this

if you need an new link for my server here it ishttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2i8npiwz0ewirch/Server.rar

• Discord Moderator
  • You don't do anything with the minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar file, nor do you reference it in any way. Forge simply requires it to be in that folder with the correct name.
  • Your "minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar" file is actually named "minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar.jar". Google "windows explorer always show file extensions" to learn you to prevent this issue.

so this is what happend i joined the server vanilla and then i cheked and this error message was found 

[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Registered dungeon: npcVillage.prop
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Registered dungeon: ship.prop
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Registered dungeon: test.prop
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Injecting itemstacks
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Itemstack injection complete
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: ## Chest items register ##
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:map to default chests lis
t
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:cookie to default chests
list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:cocoa to default chests l
ist
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:clock to default chests l
ist
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:gold_ingot to default che
sts list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:saddle to default chests
list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:leather to default chests
 list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:name_tag to default chest
s list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:gunpowder to default ches
ts list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:gold_horse_armor to defau
lt chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Error loading item: minecraft:gold_horse_
armor,1,0,1 into default chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:lead to default chests li
st
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:wheat to default chests l
ist
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:torch to default chests l
ist
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:arrow to default chests l
ist
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:coal to default chests li
st
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:emerald to default chests
 list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:iron_ingot to default che
sts list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:golden_apple to treasure
chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:gold_block to treasure ch
ests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:emerald to treasure chest
s list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:ender_pearl to treasure c
hests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:diamond to treasure chest
s list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:stone_sword to weapon che
sts list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:diamond_sword to weapon c
hests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:golden_boots to weapon ch
ests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:diamond_helmet to weapon
chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:chainmail_leggings to wea
pon chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:iron_chestplate to weapon
 chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:diamond_leggings to weapo
n chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:iron_boots to weapon ches
ts list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:golden_sword to weapon ch
ests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:golden_helmet to weapon c
hests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:chainmail_chestplate to w
eapon chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:chainmail_boots to weapon
 chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:iron_leggings to weapon c
hests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:golden_leggings to weapon
 chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:iron_sword to weapon ches
ts list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:diamond_boots to weapon c
hests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:chainmail_helmet to weapo
n chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:diamond_chestplate to wea
pon chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:golden_chestplate to weap
on chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:iron_helmet to weapon che
sts list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:gold_ingot to ores chests
 list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:iron_ingot to ores chests
 list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:stick to ores chests list

[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:flint to ores chests list

[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:coal to ores chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:emerald to ores chests li
st
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:redstone to ores chests l
ist
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:diamond to ores chests li
st
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:chicken to food chests li
st
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:cookie to food chests lis
t
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:melon to food chests list

[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:beef to food chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:potato to food chests lis
t
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:carrot to food chests lis
t
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:poisonous_potato to food
chests list
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:bread to food chests list

[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:porkchop to food chests l
ist
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Added minecraft:apple to food chests list

[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Found potion array with a size of
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Extending Potion.potionTypes array
 to 40
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Initializing PotionFluxTaint with
id 32
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Initializing PotionVisExhaust with
 id 33
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Initializing PotionInfectiousVisEx
haust with id 34
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Initializing PotionUnnaturalHunger
 with id 35
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Initializing PotionWarpWard with i
d 36
[17:55:51] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Initializing PotionDeathGaze with
id 37
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Initializing PotionBlurredVision w
ith id 38
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Initializing PotionSunScorned with
 id 39
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Adding entities to MFR safari net
blacklist.
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Zombie] to spawn cha
mpion mobs at level [0]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Spider] to spawn cha
mpion mobs at level [0]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Blaze] to spawn cham
pion mobs at level [0]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Enderman] to spawn c
hampion mobs at level [0]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Skeleton] to spawn c
hampion mobs at level [0]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Witch] to spawn cham
pion mobs at level [1]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Thaumcraft.EldritchC
rab] to spawn champion mobs at level [0]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Thaumcraft.Taintacle
] to spawn champion mobs at level [2]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Thaumcraft.Wisp] to
spawn champion mobs at level [1]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Whitelisting [Thaumcraft.Inhabited
Zombie] to spawn champion mobs at level [3]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]:   Unknown recipe class! de.eydamos.backpa
ck.recipes.RecipeEnhanceBackpack Modder please refer to net.minecraftforge.oredi
ct.RecipeSorter
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]:   Unknown recipe class! de.eydamos.backpa
ck.recipes.RecipeRecolorBackpack Modder please refer to net.minecraftforge.oredi
ct.RecipeSorter
ck.recipes.RecipeIntelligentWorkbenchBackpack Modder please refer to net.minecra
ftforge.oredict.RecipeSorter
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader has successfully loaded
11 mods
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN]: Failed to load user banlist:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: banned-players.json (The system cannot find the f
ile specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_77]
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195) ~[?:1.8.0_77]
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138) ~[?:1.8.0_77
]
        at com.google.common.io.Files.newReader(Files.java:86) ~[guava-17.0.jar:
?]
        at net.minecraft.server.management.UserList.func_152679_g(SourceFile:124
) ~[om.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedPlayerList.func_152620_y(Sour
ceFile:99) [ls.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:
25) [ls.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(Dedicated
Server.java:211) [lt.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [M
inecraftServer.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
[li.class:?]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN]: Failed to load ip banlist:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: banned-ips.json (The system cannot find the file
specified)
]
?]
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedPlayerList.func_152619_x(Sour
ceFile:91) [ls.class:?]
27) [ls.class:?]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN]: Failed to load operators list:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: ops.json (The system cannot find the file specifi
ed)
]
?]
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedPlayerList.func_72417_t(Sourc
eFile:107) [ls.class:?]
29) [ls.class:?]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/WARN]: Failed to load white-list:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: whitelist.json (The system cannot find the file s
pecified)
]
?]
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedPlayerList.func_72418_v(Sourc
eFile:123) [ls.class:?]
30) [ls.class:?]
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world"
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 0 (world) (net.minecraf
t.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@4fcb2e4f)
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension -42 (world) (net.minecr
aft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@4fcb2e4f)
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 1 (world) (net.minecraf
t.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@4fcb2e4f)
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension -1 (world) (net.minecra
ft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@4fcb2e4f)
[17:55:52] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0
[17:55:53] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (1.172s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
[18:26:44] [User Authenticator #1/INFO]: UUID of player Jonprutt is a7f4c9de-6c5
8-4894-8454-e15fd61b0b0d
[18:26:44] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML]: Client protocol version 2
[18:26:44] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML]: Client attempting to join with 11 mods : Ba
[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]
.0,[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],chocola
[email protected],[email protected]
[18:26:44] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods []
at CLIENT
[18:26:44] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: [Server thread] Server side modded connec
tion established
[18:26:44] [Server thread/WARN] [Baubles]: Data not found for Jonprutt. Trying t
o load backup data.
[18:26:44] [Server thread/WARN] [THAUMCRAFT]: Thaumcraft data not found for Jonp
rutt. Trying to load backup Thaumcraft data.
[18:26:44] [Server thread/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Assigning initial aspects to Jonpr
utt
[18:26:44] [Server thread/INFO]: Jonprutt[/192.168.0.150:54716] logged in with e
ntity id 836 at (583.5, 64.0, -368.5)
[18:26:44] [Server thread/INFO]: Jonprutt joined the game
[18:27:03] [Server thread/INFO]: Jonprutt lost connection: TextComponent{text='D
isconnected', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, i
talic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}

[18:27:03] [Server thread/INFO]: Jonprutt left the game
i cant find out why

here is an link to my modpackhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2i8npiwz0ewirch/Server.rar

• Discord Moderator

Are you executing the startserver.bat or the minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar? You should be starting the former.

I started a server using only the download you provided (no changes). You can use the client to connect to this server to ensure your client is functional: vanilla.wegoboom.biz:25570

• Discord Moderator

What part of Millenaire isn't working? I see the creative tab for the mod and am able to spawn in items and blocks. If you log into the server I set up there are number of Millenaire mod blocks right by spawn. The starting kit (on the server) gives new players tools from the Millenaire mod.

Edited by plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator

I did the following and the server-side stuff seems to be working as expected (feel free to check it out on the server I posted above):

• Replace all the Millenaire related files from your server's /mods/ folder with the "Server" download available on the Millenaire website.
  • Change the default language in "/mods/millenaire/config-server.txt" (very bottom of the file, set language=en)
  • The pack even seems to work fine using Thermos (alternative server for vastly improved performance). Villagers seem to be acting wonky with Thermos. Might have to stick to Forge.
Edited by plowmanplow