Help please?

LeifAlenstar

• Discord Moderator

How odd. That error is most common when you have a mod that isn't compatible with your current version of Forge/MC.

Edit: Looks like v1.9 of your pack has the "correct" Waila and is working fine. Excellent!

Edit 2: Decided to make a quick server (Thermos with plugins) to see how things work. Seems to be functioning just fine. Feel free to test your 1.9 client against it: vanilla.wegoboom.biz:25570

Edit 3: Just saw you log in, and the message you sent. Glad it worked.

Edited by plowmanplow

Nice, it's working on my end now too, weird that there was a delay there. The server also works well ^_^

Thank you very much for your help, you've been a wonderful repository of knowledge on this. Wouldn't have been able to figure everything out so quick without your help. <3 Namaste fellow traveler.

Btw would you be willing to throw the server you made onto a fileshare I could access it from? I wouldn't mind having it pre-built like that.

Edited by LeifAlenstar

Hey any idea why people can't connect to the server? I have it port forwarded, but no one can seem to connect so I'm trying Tunngle and that seems to not work either. Kinda stumped here, because I've had a working server before and it didn't seem to have so much trouble connecting.

• Discord Moderator

Connecting to server:

• The server I provided is set to 25565. Make sure that is the port you are forwarding.
  • Use CanYouSeeMe to verify that the port you have open is actually working.
  • Make sure the firewall is also open on that port.

• Feel free to remove the CraftIRC JAR file from the plugins folder. This was connecting to my own IRC server and will likely be of little use to you.
  • Please provide client and/or server logs around the time that the disconnect happens.

I'll have to check to see if it's open, I port forwarded it and Tunngle earlier in my router. But Tunngle said it was still closed. http://pastebin.com/c63mzis9

Strange I checked both Tunngles port and Minecrafts port and both are closed even though in my router it's port forwarded. would I have to add an exception to my firewalls too? Fairly sure I have 2 anyway between my routers firewall and my computers. Checking my firewalls then.

Edited by LeifAlenstar

• Discord Moderator
  • What shows up in the client logs coincident with the server log?
  • How much physical RAM does the server host have? How much are you allocating with the startup script?
  • Do you have this hosted, or are you running the server on the same machine as your client?
  • When you say the clients get disconnected, are they crashing to the Launcher/Desktop or is it just a disconnect from the server?
  • I updated my test server for your pack to your current client version and have it up and running. Are you or one/more of your users able to test it out to see if they get disconnected? This will help figure out if it's something in the pack causing a problem or if it's something to do with your hosting environment. You are OP on the test server. Server: vanilla.wegoboom.biz:25570

Edit: I've been able to stay connected to my test server for your pack for hours without a single issue.

Edited by plowmanplow

I have 16Gb, I'm running the server on the same computer I'm playing on, and it might only be disconnecting me , though it gives all of us trouble when trying to expand the map. I only have as much Ram allocated as was already, tried getting into the .bat file to increase it but there was more there then I'm used to so I left it alone for now. I only seem to crash to the Launcher. But sometimes I just get kicked from the server and have to join again. Other times the server will crash. Not sure if that's because of too many passive mob entities and chunks loading for the amount of RAM I have allocated or what.