Help please?

LeifAlenstar

I need some help sorting out which mods I can have in my pack and getting it to launch properly. I can get it to work on my side with modded Vanilla minecraft, but when I try to get it to work for Technic I hit a brick wall. Every time I try to launch it, it says forge isn't there. Here's the API link http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/ishara I'm just trying to get this to work for me and a few friends hopefully. Help will be greatly appreciated as I have tried to figure this out on my own and it's stumping me.

My jaw literally just dropped, the other bare bones pack I tried failed before this one. Thank you so much, I'm going to update the modpack on dropbox right away!! ^_^ That was painfully easy for some reason, I have no clue what was going wrong on my end. Kinda curious actually I was struggling with this all night. 

Edit* I bet it was the fact I didn't launch the other bare bones pack I tried, so no configs were generated and stuff. Other then that I'm not sure what went wrong with the one i built from scratch, probably just messed up order of operations or something. Anyways Thank you again :) 

Edited by LeifAlenstar
another thought

While I'm thinking about it, would you happen to have any mod suggestions that would complement or do a better job then the ones I've selected. I was going for a bunch of the Agrarian skies components as I love the craftiness of them. Plus a bunch of other mods I like using together, and of course Chocobos for fun :D

Edit* I'm going to host it as a server for me and my friends, not really sure which mods are client side in my pack though. I kind of rushed through it.

Edited by LeifAlenstar
More information.

• Discord Moderator
  • Your Dropbox link is broken. Dropbox direct links should be altered in this fashion: Change "www" to "dl". Change "dropbox" to "dropboxusercontent". Remove any trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1".
  • Make sure you are incrementing the pack version number any time you alter the pack data or metadata.
  • You are including too many files in your modpack archive. The pack should only contain the folders: /bin/, /config/, /mods/. The /bin/ folder should only contain the file "modpack.jar".
  • Forge Multipart belongs in /mods/1.7.10/ not /mods/.
  • You should be include the contents of the /mods/1.7.10/ folder from your BBP test environment in your modpack archive.
  • Did you intentionally exclude the two other Mekanism mods?
  • You have the VoxelMap Litemod, but not the required parent mod LiteLoader (LiteLoader-1.7.10-04.jar belongs in /mods/1.7.10/).
  • Your NEI mod is out of date.
  • TConstruct is out of date.
  • Most people like to have Waila (and possibly WailaPlugins with WailaHarvestability) as a client helper mod.
  • PowerCrystalsCore does not belong in a 1.7.10 modpack.

• Discord Moderator

Mekanism has three parts:

1. Core Mekanism mod: Provdes most of the processing machines, cables, etc.
  2. Mekanism Generators: Provides power generation, including Fusion power!
  3. Mekanism Tools: Provides various tools to enhance play. Not strictly needed, but some handy stuff in there.

alright how is this then http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/ishara I tried to do every thing you said but I couldn't find the NEI mod you referred to. Also would I even need the Thaumic NEI if I have Waila ?

Edit* Hmm seems like I did something wrong with Tconstruct, I got the newer version but it doesn't want to work now. I thought I had the latest I could get before for my version.

Edited by LeifAlenstar
Opps

Alright I'm fairly sure my Tcon is as up to date as I can make it for my version. All the newer ones give me an error saying it's not there I think. My current problme is Waila not wanting to work for me :/ is one of the Waila mods suppose to go in the 1.7.10 folder?

I just updated it a second ago in the 1.5 patch, it was the Waila I had, Curse seems to have a knack for having the mods in the wrong place. It was on Curse but not in the normal download location. Either way I'm happy it's working fine now. So any other things it could use? If you could point out the client side mods too that would be nice, fairly sure I can get my server up from there. Just can't seem to remember which are for the client and which aren't.

Edit* I found the file on http://mod-minecraft.net/waila-mod/ so it wasn't on Curse, not the right one anyways.

Edited by LeifAlenstar
Error

• Discord Moderator

This is the correct place to get Waila: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/waila

The site "http://mod-minecraft.net/waila-mod/" is a content stealing site.

• You have the LiteLoader "installer", not the actual mod JAR file in your /mods/1.7.10/ folder.
  • You have the 1.8.9 version of JourneyMap. You need to replace that with the 1.7.10 version.
  • Do you really want two minimaps? (JourneyMap and VoxelMap)

Client Only Mods:

• JourneyMap
  • LiteLoader
  • VoxelMap
  • NEI Addons
  • WailaHarvestability
  • WailaPlugins

Ironically it was the only site that had a file that worked for me, I tried all the latest ones on the curse page you linked me to, since I was there earlier. Not really, I like the design of JourneyMap but I wanted the teleport ability from Voxel. At least I thought it was Voxel, might not want people to be able to teleport so easy though so I might take Voxel out for simplicity unless it's better then Journey, just like Journey's hud better I think.

Thank you for pointing them out for me, I would have been scratching my head having to go through so many mods.

Edited by LeifAlenstar

• Discord Moderator

When looking for files on Curse/CurseForge it is vital that you pay close attention to the Forge/MC version the mod is made for. The files listing clearly indicates the MC version. The 6th file from the top in CurseForge's files listing for Waila is the most recent for 1.7.10.

Alright now it quits during startup and goes back to the launcher, I'm guessing me having older versions of java installed alongside the newest java might be causing conflicts?

I say that because it gave me a warning about it. Weird that it's only mad about it now though.

Edited by LeifAlenstar

Yeah I thought so, I only had the older versions for something else I was doing anyways....may have been minecraft related, but I can't be sure. Something I was working with before threw a hissy fit because I had the newer Java and not a specific older version.

Alright I removed the old java so it's not that. Would my crash report help? Looks like a class error or something. crash-2016-04-07_18.00.48-client.txt

35 minutes ago, LeifAlenstar said:

Yeah I thought so, I only had the older versions for something else I was doing anyways....may have been minecraft related, but I can't be sure. Something I was working with before threw a hissy fit because I had the newer Java and not a specific older version.

Alright I removed the old java so it's not that. Would my crash report help? Looks like a class error or something. crash-2016-04-07_18.00.48-client.txt

Yeah the crash has something to do with the version of Waila I have , because I tried putting the one I got from the other site into the pack and it works fine.