Minecraft keeps crashing

MCMaster87

• Discord Moderator
  • Your pack has a "Bin" folder. This should be named "bin" (note the lower case B).
  • You have an old version of Forge. Get the latest Forge universal jar file to use as your modpack.jar.
  • Forge Multipart belongs in "mods1.6.4".
  • You have Thermal Expansion mod but not the dependency mod CoFHCore. Get the latest versions of both.

I would normally continue to go through the rest of the pack. However, it is clear that you have not gotten the mods from their respective author's preferred distribution channels. They are "oddly" named, many lacking version numbers. Once you go through and get each mod from the correct location, try the pack locally so that you get a full set of config files created. Include those in your final pack.

Come back here after doing that if you have problems.

• Your pack has a "Bin" folder. This should be named "bin" (note the lower case B).
  • You have an old version of Forge. Get the latest Forge universal jar file to use as your modpack.jar.
  • Forge Multipart belongs in "mods1.6.4".
  • You have Thermal Expansion mod but not the dependency mod CoFHCore. Get the latest versions of both.

I would normally continue to go through the rest of the pack. However, it is clear that you have not gotten the mods from their respective author's preferred distribution channels. They are "oddly" named, many lacking version numbers. Once you go through and get each mod from the correct location, try the pack locally so that you get a full set of config files created. Include those in your final pack.

Come back here after doing that if you have problems.

1. it is Bin BUT FML unUpperCases it for me

2.Forge is Up To Date for 1.6.4 i checked my Json file Editor and MinecraftForge.net my Forge IS Up To Date

3.Forge Multipart doesn't have to be in a subfolder 1.6.4 because FML does that for me

4.when i had coFHCore ForgeModLoader said that their was a Duplicate file called coFHCore so i looked in Thermal Expansion and saw that the files were the same as coFHCore Including the Java Class Files i even checked with a Java Decompiler so i got rid of coFHcore

5.I renamed the files is that a probelm?

all your statements are invalid P.S Can you not read i said that Technic won't let ScienceCraft Fully Download and Setup

Edited by MCMaster87

• Moderators

I'm going to intervene here a little. MCMaster, why are you here?

You said you wanted help, Plow gave you suggestions to why your pack is not working and now you're spitting in his face for that help.

Shall I lock this thread, since you clearly show disdain to the help this community give you?

• Discord Moderator

A couple points to note:

• As of 3:44pm Eastern Standard time your download archive was precisely 26,661,934 bytes in size. As of 6:19pm Eastern Standard time your download archive was precisely 21,687,886 bytes in size, a difference of nearly 5M. CustomNPCs and DragonAPI mods were removed. Every statement I made concerning the initial download stands the same after going through the original modpack download. The updated modpack download has all the exact same issues.
  • If you open your modpack download with any archive editing program the bin folder listed clearly has an uppercase B at the beginning.
  • If you look inside the forgeversion.properties file in your modpack.jar file it clearly lists this: "forge.build.number=953". The most recent build is #965.
  • If you open your modpack download and examine the mods folder it clearly lists a file named "ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.250.jar" inside and not in a subfolder named "1.6.4".
  • If your Thermal Expansion Mod.zip file contains both ThermalExpansion and CoFHCore mods then that file did not come from the author(s) and is highly suspect. The download links provided on the author's own website reference two distinct downloads: http://www.teamcofh.com/index.php?page=downloads . The current version of TE is 3.0.0.7, the version you have is 2.0.0b9e (beta).
  • Renaming files is a perfectly valid thing to do. However, it will make it nearly impossible to keep track of what you have versus what is available from the authors and it makes folks who try to support custom modpacks exasperated and weary.

As you can see, if you follow up on the details, every original point I made is valid for both versions of the pack you have provided. I do not state this to say "I told you so", but just to try to convey that if the concerns are not addressed it will be nearly impossible to complete a fully functional modpack.

A couple points to note:

• As of 3:44pm Eastern Standard time your download archive was precisely 26,661,934 bytes in size. As of 6:19pm Eastern Standard time your download archive was precisely 21,687,886 bytes in size, a difference of nearly 5M. CustomNPCs and DragonAPI mods were removed. Every statement I made concerning the initial download stands the same after going through the original modpack download. The updated modpack download has all the exact same issues.
  • If you open your modpack download with any archive editing program the bin folder listed clearly has an uppercase B at the beginning.
  • If you look inside the forgeversion.properties file in your modpack.jar file it clearly lists this: "forge.build.number=953". The most recent build is #965.
  • If you open your modpack download and examine the mods folder it clearly lists a file named "ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.250.jar" inside and not in a subfolder named "1.6.4".
  • If your Thermal Expansion Mod.zip file contains both ThermalExpansion and CoFHCore mods then that file did not come from the author(s) and is highly suspect. The download links provided on the author's own website reference two distinct downloads: http://www.teamcofh.com/index.php?page=downloads . The current version of TE is 3.0.0.7, the version you have is 2.0.0b9e (beta).
  • Renaming files is a perfectly valid thing to do. However, it will make it nearly impossible to keep track of what you have versus what is available from the authors and it makes folks who try to support custom modpacks exasperated and weary.

As you can see, if you follow up on the details, every original point I made is valid for both versions of the pack you have provided. I do not state this to say "I told you so", but just to try to convey that if the concerns are not addressed it will be nearly impossible to complete a fully funtional modpack

Let me just say i Deleted CustomNPCs and DragonAPI because CustomNPCs isn't a sciency mod and DragonAPI is a API for reika's mods i don't have any of them and Forge is Up To Date for 1.6.4 is my download wrong?? EDITED my download is wrong sorry well atleast i was on legacy builds so...yeah ) I'm not trying to annoy/agrue/Offend you or as Munaus says "Spit in your face" and I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to

Edited by MCMaster87

Well now Technic Launcher won't launch ScienceCraft it keeps stopping the download. before it opened Minecraft then closed itself and reopened Technic, see for yourself

as i will say again please give me a fix for ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Discord Moderator

I take no offense. I do what I do to help and to for my own edification.

As for a fix I have listed, in a fairly straight forward process, the best way forward for fixes and updates. Is there a particular step in the process which doesn't mesh?

I found out *Facepalm* that all i had to do to fix the Technic Launcher problem was restart Technic but still minecraft keeps opening then crashing and then opening back up Technic and i still don't have a fix wow making modpacks is harder then making mods themselves now that i look at your signature could you please make some config files for me or tell me where to get the config files i downloaded all the right mods do i really need solder?

Edited by MCMaster87

• Discord Moderator

It might help for me to relate the process I use for building a pack. Solder is not necessary at all. It does provide some benefits (multiple builds, more efficient downloads to clients, etc.), but it way outside the scope of this and can be safely ignored.

• Start with my BareBonesPack ( http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/barebonespack.271497 ). Add it to your launcher, open the pack settings and select the version of Forge/MC you want. Launch the pack one time and then exit. You now have a "clean" platform for building a modpack. We will call the BareBonesPack folder BBP and it is located in %APPDATA%.technicmodpacksbarebonespack.
  • One at a time, or in logical groups (like a mod with it's dependencies or mods that "go together") add mods to BBPmods and start the pack. This will create the configs and you can then check the ForgeModLoader client log in BBP for errors if it crashes back to the launcher or for item ID conflicts if it starts. Doing things this way will ensure that you won't have a dozen different things wrong at once and will be less confusing when resolving issues.
  • After you have all the mods in you wish to add, and all the item ID conflicts have been resolved you can take a few minutes to tweak things like TreeCapitator configs (if you use that mod), microblock configs, and any other tweaks like ore generation or power balance between mods using their respective config files.
  • Once you have the pack working and operating the way you want you can copy out the config and mods folders to a new folder somewhere. We will call that new folder PACK. Make a folder inside of PACK called "bin" and copy the modpack.jar from BBPbin to PACKbin. If you have included mods that have top level folders (mods like Chocolate Quest or Flan's) you will need to copy those folders to PACK as well.
  • Select all of the folders inside of PACK and create an archive file in ZIP format using the program of your choosing (WinZIP, 7zip, etc.). This is now your newly created modpack file that should work 100% since you have already fully tested it. I would highly recommend that you use a version number scheme in the file name. Something like modpack-MA.MI.UP.zip where MA is for major updates like going from Forge/MC 1.6.4 to 1.7.2, MI is for things like adding new mods or removing existing mods, and UP is for updates like upgrading an existing mod or tweaking config files. For instance, you could start with modpack-1.0.0.zip and if you upgrade Logistics Pipes from Build #109 to Build #121 (and maybe a few other mods at the same time) you would make the updated name modpack-1.0.1.zip.

Following thees guidelines should server you quite well.

Making modpacks is too hard making mods is easier (Mainly because I'm a Java Developer and C++ and C# and can't forget Assembly Developer and other Programming langs the list is too long to say it oops almost forgot Html + CSS + JavaScript + Jquery)

Edited by MCMaster87

• Discord Moderator

If you are a Java developer then making a modpack should be a piece of cake. All of the errors that happen in Crash Reports or Forge Mod Loader client logs are the exact same kind of things you would see when debugging your own Java code and should make complete sense to any seasoned coder.

Focus on the details. Check the logs. Be methodical and direct. You can do this.

If you are a Java developer then making a modpack should be a piece of cake. All of the errors that happen in Crash Reports or Forge Mod Loader client logs are the exact same kind of things you would see when debugging your own Java code and should make complete sense to any seasoned coder.

Focus on the details. Check the logs. Be methodical and direct. You can do this.

Why didn't i think of doing that will i guess i was caught up with C++ I'll try to get something out of actually being through it's probably a Syntax error