Using windows voice recognition

Jay?

So I'm making this post using windows voice recognition. It's a lot more powerful than I thought it would be.

Has anybody else tried to use this system? The dictation to be a little finicky, scratch that, it's very finicky. Getting used to it though, it seems to be learning, which is worrying.

This has been a test of the windows voice recognition system, it seems to have gone well.

Only one error. I guess it really has improved...

Yeah, I'm actually really enjoying it. It indexes all the entries of your start bar, so regardless of what it is, you can open almost any program via voice commands. Saying "comma" "period" and "question mark" every time i need them is a bit grating though.

Good thing you didn't have to install the Aether mod, could cause some compatibility issues.

Like I said, the dictation is a bit finicky. You have to read over the crap it typed for you, or you'll end up talking nonsense.

I should take a look at that then. Where did you find it?

Control panel/ease of access/speech recognition

Ahh voice recognition software, the many hours spent shouting with increasing levels of rage at an inanimate object, eyeballs white hot with images of the soft parts of the programmers bodies being slammed in desk draws. I'm glad it's coming along a bit since then because when it is perfected it will be massivly useful. I know the 360 has some voice recog. stuff but I heard it was a bit ropey which is a shame because that tech done well in the average household will change the world.

Ths is also a tets. Meby im in vitenameese or summting.

I'm not sure what you did to get a result like that. If you're using windows voice recognition, say mouse grid, and navigate to the post box, say 'dictate', and say what you want to post.

You may get garbled grammar, but all your spelling should be perfect. And just say insert when you're ready to post.

I'm not sure what you did to get a result like that. If you're using windows voice recognition, say mouse grid, and navigate to the post box, say 'dictate', and say what you want to post.

You may get garbled grammar, but all your spelling should be perfect. And just say insert when you're ready to post.

You must be having a dense day not to call bullshit on me, I'm just messin with ya. :D (Then again, I may have tried too hard, curse my warped sense of humour)

Anywho, I may grab my headset and try this for real tomorrow.

You must be having a dense day not to call bullshit on me, I'm just messin with ya. :D (Then again, I may have tried too hard, curse my warped sense of humour)

Anywho, I may grab my headset and try this for real tomorrow.

Sorry, using the speech recognition thing tends to put you in a very literal frame of mind.

The thing about Voice Recognition software's is that most of the mortals dont know the complexity of it, a decent microphone and some hours of clear voice training will do miracles, specially in a non noisy room.

I personally like Naunce Dragon Naturally Speaking, its customization makes me wet.

The thing about Voice Recognition software's is that most of the mortals dont know the complexity of it, a decent microphone and some hours of clear voice training will do miracles, specially in a non noisy room.

I personally like Naunce Dragon Naturally Speaking, its customization makes me wet.

I'm even seeing a good degree of success using a $20 headset. The biggest challenge has been memorizing all the commands.

Have a radio like voice? :P when i started using speech recognition, i got frustrated whit my tone, i literally had to force my voice so the software learned my "ideal" voice and then understand my crap tone.. yet it was like 6 years ago.