Why Voltz has died and its NOT coming back

Shadow278

I've recently read the forum rules and i see no issue with starting and discussing this topic. Please, everyone be respectful in their responses.

I thought it was time to let the community know why voltz isn't going to come back alive. There are still many people asking questions of why is it dead, why are there no updates, well here it is. 

Go to google and type in DarkCow twitter, click one the search result that shows his twitter account. Now look, its not that hard you can find it. Here you will discover why its not coming back, there is a youtube video on it. If you're to lazy to use google then I suggest you be happy with never knowing.

To who ever runs this mod platform please allow these people "BuiltBroken" to start taking care of the mods that need to be updated. Even if they were jerks to you first and being rude (which I highly doubt) oh well be the bigger person and get over it. They're a group (Or was) of people that are willing for free to update the content in your modpack, sound like a pretty good deal to me. If I were you, even if I was pissed at these people I'd still allow them to update it for free especially since it was one of the most popular modpacks on the platform.

This petty thing between you and builtbroken needs to stop, it essentially destroyed a modpack that was getting a millions of downloads (Maybe just 1 mil) but now was destroyed because of this petty disagreement. So act like men, even if your side is right, talk to each other nicely and get the fuck over it. This petty disagreement that happened between you killed a community.

Sorry if I sounded mean I promise it wasn't my intention. I don't know the full story from both sides but I do know that there was an argument that destroyed any chance of this modpack of staying updated.That is pretty pathetic for both of you to allow happen. Even if they didn't have permission I don't see some of those mod developers ever coming back.

Edited by Shadow278

• 2 weeks later...

That I know of I believe the built broken team are working on a new Voltz version. They did say something about it. I believe they were waiting to make sure their icbm version and their version of mffs is stable first though.

this was months ago though so not sure if things have changed

i have made my own modpack running 1.7.10 called aVolts 2.0 but it's not official voltz.

Edited by djoveryde

On 7/10/2016 at 10:28 AM, djoveryde said:

That I know of I believe the built broken team are working on a new Voltz version. They did say something about it. I believe they were waiting to make sure their icbm version and their version of mffs is stable first though.

this was months ago though so not sure if things have changed

i have made my own modpack running 1.7.10 called aVolts 2.0 but it's not official voltz.

This doesn't change anything, Voltz is a dead modpack that is probably not coming back. Their new ICBM won't be in any pack made by team technic and will probably be under a new name. The only difference between the two Voltz mods is that 2.0 is Really Really edditing freindly, meaning alot more content is going to come. Bad thing is that they're going to take a shit long time.