Hexxit won't launch

Ragnadrok

So I have previously played Hexxit on it's recommended build with no issues. I tried today to play 2.0.0 and I encountered this issue where after launching the game from the Technic Launcher, the progress bar at the bnottom of the launcher would go as normal, the launcher would close as normal, then the launcher would pop back up, as if I had exited the game. I have been playing Tekkit Legends with a friend recently, and as I said, have played the pack on it's recommended build, I just cant get 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 to launch for me.

I have an Nvidia GTX 670 gpu, 4 gigs of RAM, a 3.00 GHz dual core processor, and I am running off of windows 7 64bit with 64 bit java. I've seen other "unable to launch topics" for a 3.0.0 version of Hexxit, and, thinking what the hell, tried their fixes to no avail. With none of them working, I went back to a fresh installation of Hexxit with recommended version, but I would like to go to 2.0.0. Anyone have a fix?

• Moderators

don't play any version beyond the recommended on Hexxit. They are versions that did not get finished.

stay on recommended, or look on the Platform if any community-made packs that looks like Hexxit is out. I know there has to be a dozen, if not more, of those!

there is no version 3.0.0 of Hexxit?

any further issues post it on Bug Reports. Except for this issue.

Yeah, sorry, wasn't sure where to post this.

I was confused about the Hexxit 3.0.0 as well, but it seems you actually responded to a thread concerning someone anable to launch it back in 2015:

Not sure if this is a community made Hexxit pack, but I found another post about it on a reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/technicplatform/comments/30ygib/hexxit_wont_open/

Are there any known problem mods in the 2.0.0 pack that cause instability that can be removed?

• Moderators

ah... I remember that. so apparently there was a 3.xx version.

but as I said earlier, it never got finished. It's not even available on the launcher so I don't know where you got it?

as for the removing mods in 2.0.0, I have no idea. try it out