Should i update my server to 3.1.3

so i need players on my server and i wanted to know if i should update or stay at 3.1.2

I've run a server with both versions and I say stay on 3.1.2, for the following reasons:

1) Most servers on the server list forum are 3.1.2 so people are more likely to be running 3.1.2 clients. Nobody likes to update and downdate to switch servers.

2) Most people ARE running 3.1.2. I get more failed connection attempts from 3.1.2 clients than successful connections from 3.1.3 clients.

3) Server 3.1.3 has several issues. There's a post on the forum with fixes for them, but you have to be sure to get them all right.

4) Clients with 3.1.3 cannot see IC2 recipes on NEI, and this can only be fixed with a patched client, which you can't expect people to do.

5) Given all of the above, the actual updated features aren't that amusing. Except for melee turtles, perhaps, but I would still downgrade my server if only I could. I'm hoping Tekkit will update again soon.

Komm, what is stopping you downgrading your server? I did it with mine with only one small issue (a railcraft config that needed changing) that didn't take long to fix.

3.1.3 is a dog so far and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone unless they've already read and understood that 3.1.3 bug fixes thread in its entirety.

Komm, what is stopping you downgrading your server? I did it with mine with only one small issue (a railcraft config that needed changing) that didn't take long to fix.

3.1.3 is a dog so far and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone unless they've already read and understood that 3.1.3 bug fixes thread in its entirety.

My players already have rock crushers and melee turtles. No time to explain/refund everyone properly.