[Mac] Can't run Server while running Launcher?

shaneciora

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1.3

Operating System: Mac OSX Lion

Java Version: 7

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

OK! Before you tell me that I NEED to downgrade to Java 6, i know that already. But, the thing is, i need Java 7 to run my server, but my Launcher requires java 6 or else it crashes. I was wondering if there is a fix for this? Like the ability to run both 6 and 7???

Error Messages:

Error Log:

7 answers to this question

Java 7 will always default itself to being the main one. You have to force the Technic Launcher to open with Java 6 via the Terminal with a this code

cd Downloads

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

java -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar

This means you have to download the Technic Launcher jar and not use the Mac app for it. Your easiest way is to then turn that terminal code into a command that will open the launcher when double clicked/opened. I believe a thread with this should be posted up as a temporary solution until the launcher is made compatible with Java 7.

I posted this in another thread, you need to use that code in terminal to open the launcher with Java 6 but you can't use the Mac Technic Launcher App you HAVE to use the .jar launcher.

To turn that code into a command file open textedit and paste it in there. Select all the text and go to Format>Make Plain Text. After that do a File>Save and name it whatever you want but put .command at the end.

Now open Terminal and type in: (chmod a+x ) with no brackets but make sure you keep the space and then drag the .command file into the terminal window, then press Enter. This will give the file permission to open the jar.

Note that when you download the .jar for the launcher you have to either rename the jar to "technic-launcher-latest.jar" or remove "-latest" from the command. Also make sure you keep the launcher jar in the DOWNLOADS folder otherwise the command won't work. Let me know if this works for you as it works for me and I'm able to run tekkit & my server with it.