Cannot Connect to Server

Rawsie

Having Server Trouble, don't know how to help my mate join the server. The console gives me these errors:

15:44:27 [iNFO] [friends username] lost connection: disconnect.overflow

15:44:27 [sEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Sourc

e)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Sour

ce)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFi

le:103)

15:44:27 [iNFO] Connection reset

>

On a side note, i have had other people join the server with no problems

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! :)

If you need anything else, just let me know! :)

Thank you!

15:44:27 [iNFO] [friends username] lost connection: disconnect.overflow

15:44:27 [sEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)

15:44:27 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:103)

15:44:27 [iNFO] Connection reset

I don't know if this will help you any but I have had that error before.

It happened because a machine my friend made dropped several thousand blocks on the ground. When we got too close we would get disconnected with that overflow error and then we would get that error when trying to connect. Ended up having to restore from a backup that was made before he turned the machine on.

Perhaps there is to much stuff at the location your friend is entering the world? Maybe your friends machine can't handle whatever is there or something.

You could try using NBTExplorer to move their location if they have a player file, don't forget to make a backup if you do.

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/840677-nbtexplorer/

I don't know if this will help you any but I have had that error before.

It happened because a machine my friend made dropped several thousand blocks on the ground. When we got too close we would get disconnected with that overflow error and then we would get that error when trying to connect. Ended up having to restore from a backup that was made before he turned the machine on.

Perhaps there is to much stuff at the location your friend is entering the world? Maybe your friends machine can't handle whatever is there or something.

You could try using NBTExplorer to move their location if they have a player file, don't forget to make a backup if you do.

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/840677-nbtexplorer/

I was going to chime in asking what error the friend gets on their end, but based on what thebird said, your friend may have ran some inefficient piping/machinery causing tons of stuff to drop on the ground. It is odd that it isnt affecting the rest of the server, is this what happened in your case too thebird? You could have someone run over to your friends base/where they logged out and see if anything is wonky over there, perhaps they will disconnect too. If this happens then you know what the problem is, you can shut down the server, load up the world in MCedit and remove the blocks that are causing the problem.

I was going to chime in asking what error the friend gets on their end, but based on what thebird said, your friend may have ran some inefficient piping/machinery causing tons of stuff to drop on the ground. It is odd that it isn't affecting the rest of the server, is this what happened in your case too thebird?

In my case, everything was fine until someone got close enough to load the chunk that all the blocks were laying on the ground in. At that point only the player that had that chunk loaded would get the overflow error. As long as you didn't get close enough to load that chunk you were fine regardless of what happened to the other player. It only effected the region around the bad machinery.

While I was trying to see what the problem was exactly, my buddy (who I had teleported out of the area) had no problems, even when I got disconnected with the overflow error.