Energy link+ redstone engine powering a wooden pipe+ filler= Exploding setup??

Why did my setup of HV current>glass cables>Energy link>filler>wooden pipe with a redstone engine exploded the Energy link, filler, and the engine?? I know the engine wasn't even at the red stage and was pumping it's piston so it's was actually working and therefore it's couldn't exploded. The Energy Link can receive High Voltage without blowing up and energy links don't have a internal buffer that could overload it ether. The filler does have a M/J buffer but it couldn't fills it that in a few minutes and I thinks even if it did it's would just be wasted. I was on before, during, and after the exploding so what did it?? If I had to guess it would be the energy link since it's was adjacent to the engine and the filler but the engine head was facing the wooden pipe so I wasn't trying to feeds M/J into the energy link. So please tell me what machine responsible for this and how I used it incorrectly.

As far as I understand the energy link is an energy converter - I'm not too sure if it only converts EU to MJ - possibly it also emits the EU it receives un-changed - though that shouldn't be the case....but bugs sometimes appear out of nowhere ^^ - just try it again with movin the energy link farther away from the engine ^^

It's how BC engines explode. They have an internal energy buffer which, when reaching a certain level, increases the heat of the engine. Engines try to get rid of all the energy they can, and normally a redstone engine will be able to remove all it's excess energy and never explode. However, putting an energy link next to the engine will pump it with more power than it can get rid of, meaning that it overloads similarly to an overheated combustion engine.

So yeah, the energy link is the problem.