java 7 update 9 problems

Jedediah

Ok, so I had the tekkit server 3.1.3 running fine for 2 weeks, then I suddenly started getting a forestry save file not saved in gzip format error. So... I completely started over and started getting java errors. At this time I had java 7 update 2 installed. So I unistalled java and downloaded the newest version wich is java 7 update 9. I am still getting errors. They are as such...

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000006ec7c0f3, pid=3772, tid=5192

#

# JRE version: 7.0_09-b05

# Java VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (23.5-b02 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# C [msvcr100.dll+0x3c0f3] memcpy+0x163

#

# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

any ideas anyone, I have tried uninstalling java and reinstalling, starting a whole new 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 server and still the java error, any help is apreciated.

I think I've had this problem before - I may be wrong, but your computer/server may not be able to run Java 7. It's what happened to me when I got that error, and the only thing that required Java 7 was Nether Ores. I felt it wasn't worth the hassle and just downgraded to the newest version of Java 6, and everything started running smoothly after that.