Tekkit : Update Failed

I wouldn't recommend back dating but go to your .techniclauncher folder (It's located where your .minecraft folder is) and delete the tekkit folder, Start up the launcher select the version you want and try to play.

ok, first of us, I know this is your first day here, but really? You've been posting incorrect information to people all day in these forums. Not helping them at all. You just told this person to delete his Tekkit folder, thus deleting any world and backups he had without even warning him that that would happen. And that's not even how you solve his issue... It's not a Tekkit issue, deleting the tekkit folder won't do a damn thing.

It's a launcher problem. There are bug report forums here for each thing. Launcher, Technic, and Tekkit. The correct place to go would be http://forums.technicpack.net/forums/technic-launcher-bugs-problems.10/

Once there, read the common problems and solutions, if that doesn't work, you can create a bug report.

I would put my money on all you have to do is turn off your antivirus program then try again. But if not, place a bug report there, that way we'll be able to get an error log and all the information we need to help you.

I wouldn't recommend back dating but go to your .techniclauncher folder (It's located where your .minecraft folder is) and delete the tekkit folder, Start up the launcher select the version you want and try to play.

do NOT do this. simply ignore this guy. seemingly he thinks he's a total pro and knows how to fix bugs. well sir, you do not. like azeryn said, this is a launger problem. deleteing the tekkit folder wont help. instead, you meight get the same issue as i've had. you loose your worlds, and tekkit still wont download.

could you tell us what virusprotection you use? it meight prevent the launger from downloading. when i had this issue, they advised me to get this one: http://www.avast.com

its free and it works perfectly for me.

ok, first of us, I know this is your first day here, but really? You've been posting incorrect information to people all day in these forums. Not helping them at all. You just told this person to delete his Tekkit folder, thus deleting any world and backups he had without even warning him that that would happen. And that's not even how you solve his issue... It's not a Tekkit issue, deleting the tekkit folder won't do a damn thing.

It's a launcher problem. There are bug report forums here for each thing. Launcher, Technic, and Tekkit. The correct place to go would be http://forums.technicpack.net/forums/technic-launcher-bugs-problems.10/

Once there, read the common problems and solutions, if that doesn't work, you can create a bug report.

I would put my money on all you have to do is turn off your antivirus program then try again. But if not, place a bug report there, that way we'll be able to get an error log and all the information we need to help you.

Thanks.