Nuclear Reactor Setup

Phantom329

I have started using reactors for power and was wondering what is the advantage of using re-enriched uranium cells and what to actually do with them. I have heard something about a hot reactor, can someone give me a good reactor setup?

Also, if you want to know how to setup a non-EE ice cooled reactor, I can help.

The most effective reactor setup is to have every single reactor cell(using 6 chambers) with a uranium cell, minus 7 slots at the bottom. Make sure the 2 uranium cells on the bottom row don't touch, or the power will exceed 2048(EV), the most an HV cable can hold. Those 7 centered slots on the bottom are for ice. I generally use EE, but apparently you found a good non-EE ice production.

The total output of this reactor is 2030EU, the allotted EU you can have without blowing up cables. For every 300EU/t production, you take 1 ice /t(20 ice / second). So this reactor setup effectively uses a little over 2 stacks of ice per second.

Re-enriched uranium cells come from a Breeder reactor. These are reactors designed to re-enrich uranium cells that are depleted. They don't output any EU, and should be kept at around 9000 temperature for max efficiency. You heat a reactor up by uranium cells, and stop them with thermal monitors connected to the reactor.

I'll have to try that, thanks.

Im not sure if your math is correct with the ice per second (i think you mean minute) but I used snow golems with block breakers under them to collect snowballs. Those went into compressors which fed into the reactor with the same internal setup. I used regulators to keep 7 stacks of ice and replace any depleted cells for max efficiency. Unfortunately my test world got corrupted so I did a small retest but lost my total control panel.

I'll have to try that, thanks.

Im not sure if your math is correct with the ice per second (i think you mean minute) but I used snow golems with block breakers under them to collect snowballs. Those went into compressors which fed into the reactor with the same internal setup. I used regulators to keep 7 stacks of ice and replace any depleted cells for max efficiency. Unfortunately my test world got corrupted so I did a small retest but lost my total control panel.

You're probably right, I've actually gotten it wrong before haha. All I know is that it is the highest reactor setup with 2030 EU. I like to have ridiculous amounts more, so I normally make 2 or 4 of those reactors. All contained in a plant that looks strikingly familiar to Chernobyl. :D