Weird puddle of slime

Dreygan

So there are probably other locations but under the silverleaf tree at the tundra cave i found a single block puddle of purple slime. It was very thin, like carpet or the snow that builds up on the ground. When i point at it i just get shown the info for the block beneath it, and if i break the block under it, the slime receeds down, kind of like when you take away water or lava source block the flowing liquid depletes. Once it is done moving down it looks just like it did before. I cant scoop it up in a bucket, im afraid to put a block in its space cause if it is important and that destroys it then thats no good. Does anybody have a clue what this is or what to do with it?

5 hours ago, Dreygan said:

So there are probably other locations but under the silverleaf tree at the tundra cave i found a single block puddle of purple slime. It was very thin, like carpet or the snow that builds up on the ground. When i point at it i just get shown the info for the block beneath it, and if i break the block under it, the slime receeds down, kind of like when you take away water or lava source block the flowing liquid depletes. Once it is done moving down it looks just like it did before. I cant scoop it up in a bucket, im afraid to put a block in its space cause if it is important and that destroys it then thats no good. Does anybody have a clue what this is or what to do with it?

That purplish slime is what we call Flux. Its bad stuff. It comes from decomposing plant matter. Normally, if left alone, it turns the area into Tainted Land, but considering the whole map is pretty much tainted land, its not really an issue.