Book entries not unlocking

Zehmzaziel

How do you unlock the entries in the manuals.  I'm meeting the requirements such as collecting iron, leather, etc, but the entities remain locked.  Do you have to have the book in your inventory when you meet the requirement?  I hope that's not the case since that's five inventory slots that will be taken up.

3 hours ago, Zehmzaziel said:

How do you unlock the entries in the manuals.  I'm meeting the requirements such as collecting iron, leather, etc, but the entities remain locked.  Do you have to have the book in your inventory when you meet the requirement?  I hope that's not the case since that's five inventory slots that will be taken up.

You only need 1 book on you, and you might have to hit the detect/submit button in the book. In case you are worried about the 5 quest books, you have 4 copies.

The books I mean are the ones that show you where metal can be found, or it properties when used with Tinkerers Constructs.  I'm at a point where I'm reaching diamond tech, but the books are still asking me to find flint and iron to unlock basic entries.  I've got chests full of the stuff, but it doesn't seem to recognise the fact