Can't seem to get a response from submitting report tickets, so..

CyanGenesis

Now I'm here. And I'm going to apologize if I end up becoming overly aggressive about this, but at this point it has kind of gotten rather infuriating at the lack of any response.

I have had a modpack up on Technic for my server for around 1.5 years now. About 4 months or so ago, for some reason the button to delete comments from the modpack had suddenly stopped working. It will prompt me to delete the comment, and then just send my browser back to the top of the page, doing nothing. I've probably submitted a report on various comments now  about  every couple of weeks, trying to get some sort of help on this, and have received none.

And so here is the ranty part. As a server owner, you will occasionally run into a problem child that wants to come back to your modpack comments and rage out because they ended up getting banned. Most of these I don't mind, because they are just begging for unbans, and I can deal with that. The problem I have is with those that leave derogatory remarks, and other colorful language repeatedly just to try and stir up as much drama as possible. The fact that I can't get rid of those comments is pretty absurd. Yes, I have reported them as "Offensive content" as well, only for nothing to happen.

I don't expect something to happen instantly, especially since technic is a huge platform. But at this point I have to go "What gives?". Is there something I have missed recently with the "delete post" being broken, or am I just going to have to deal with no longer being able to monitor my own modpack page?

A link to the technic page in case I can find some help here - https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/digimobsadventure-pack.909046/discuss

Edited by CyanGenesis

• Moderators

I'm not sure if the Delete Comments button is completely broken or just bugged. I think I heard about this issue before

as for the Reports, I am sorry, but us moderators do not have access to the Platform than what a normal user does. Only admins and a select few of staff can monitor and receive these reports. Admins are busy with life and the few select staff got their hands full.

I've taken up this issue on our private channels in Discord, where it's easier to get in contact with most people.

I'm a little disappointed after seeing the modpack discussion. I was expecting kids on sugar-adrenaline going full rage-tantrums, but all I see that needs deleting is the one with "retards" in full caps.

Believe me, I stay busy more than I care to be and have my hands full quite often. Again, I'm not expecting some kind of instant fix like I said, especially on a huge platform like technic. My point was that 4 months with no response to any tickets sent in is a little absurd. I'll grant you the fact that maybe only the more recent comments are deemed worthy of deletion, but not having a working delete comment button is the bigger issue here. What is offensive to some, may not be to others, and after receiving a couple of complaints about how much of a train wreck my modpack comments appear to be, I'd like to be able to remedy the issue, regardless of what may be deemed as worth deleting and what may not be.