The reason the phil. stone pops out of the crafting grid is...

jakj

...the person who makes EE hasn't noticed "public boolean doesContainerItemLeaveCraftingGrid(ItemStack itemstack)" in Item.java yet. :P

I just made a stone that works just like the phil. stone, and stays in the crafting grid fine, in 1.1 even. So yeah. If you were wondering.

That's all. *goes back to coding and eating chocolate*

Oh, lol.

Send them the fix?

Once I've used it for a while and know it isn't some weird hackish thing only used by half the code that hoses a savefile, sure. :P There may be a good reason the EE guy isn't using it yet. I have no idea.

I think he meant for it to be that way, since he removed all of the p. stone recipes except a few. Although, it could be he removed all of those recipes BECAUSE the p. stone popped out of the crafting table. I have no idea.

Anyway, you can do all of those recipes on the Transmution Tablet once you teach it those things anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I think he meant for it to be that way, since he removed all of the p. stone recipes except a few. Although, it could be he removed all of those recipes BECAUSE the p. stone popped out of the crafting table. I have no idea.

Anyway, you can do all of those recipes on the Transmution Tablet once you teach it those things anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I doubt he left it that way on purpose just to be annoying. :P I have to believe that either he doesn't know, or the override is too buggy and unreliable to use.

IIRC, on the wiki and the thread it talks about Mojang "breaking" container items. I think he wants the ability back, but just isn't using this fix for whatever reason.

I dunno. I made a phil-stone-a-like and transmuted stacks with it with no problems or crashes. Works just like it did pre-release during the omgrecipes days.