Black Screen and crash to launcher.

FasterThanFalcon

Question

I've created a custom modpack (that works entirely fine, keep reading this isn't the problem). It downloads and installs fine, but gives a black screen on launch and kicks me back to the menu. I figured this was a problem with my modpack, so I changed it, deleted, uploaded, installed, and tested it, went through the entire process over a dozen times, and it would still give me a black screen every time.

At my wits end I completely re-installed minecraft and forge, re-did it all and it still gave me a black screen. so I tried it all again, except just installing the mods the old fashioned way, and everything runs fine launching from my .minecraft folder, but refuses to launch on Technic.

What gives?

also pastebin wont let me paste the logs because they're over 512kb, I'll see what I can do other than that.

Edited by FasterThanFalcon

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, FasterThanFalcon said:

I've created a custom modpack (that works entirely fine, keep reading this isn't the problem). It downloads and installs fine, but gives a black screen on launch and kicks me back to the menu. I figured this was a problem with my modpack, so I changed it, deleted, uploaded, installed, and tested it, went through the entire process over a dozen times, and it would still give me a black screen every time.

At my wits end I completely re-installed minecraft and forge, re-did it all and it still gave me a black screen. so I tried it all again, except just installing the mods the old fashioned way, and everything runs fine launching from my .minecraft folder, but refuses to launch on Technic.

What gives?

also pastebin wont let me paste the logs because they're over 512kb, I'll see what I can do other than that.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/

12 hours ago, FasterThanFalcon said:

thank you friend, here it is https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/dCkhjDb2Vf/

Please help

The reason it gives you a black screen is because something goes wrong with the Forge Splash screen (forge loadup screen), which then disabled said splash screen. That turns into your black screen. It is still loading up. I do not know why your splash screen in this modpack has this issue.

7 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

The reason it gives you a black screen is because something goes wrong with the Forge Splash screen (forge loadup screen), which then disabled said splash screen. That turns into your black screen. It is still loading up. I do not know why your splash screen in this modpack has this issue.

It should still be loading up but it always boots me back to the technic launcher, after about a minute or so. At one point in time I was messing with the splash screen settings, but after having this exact issue, I cleared any changes I had made and reset it to just be the regular splash screen. Which is why I tried to re-install everything from scratch. Does technic not update all the changes I make to the pack with the new .zip? even after I delete it and push an updated version? Because that's the only problem I could see, and I have no idea how to fix that. Maybe I have to make an entierly new modpack?

2 hours ago, FasterThanFalcon said:

It should still be loading up but it always boots me back to the technic launcher, after about a minute or so. At one point in time I was messing with the splash screen settings, but after having this exact issue, I cleared any changes I had made and reset it to just be the regular splash screen. Which is why I tried to re-install everything from scratch. Does technic not update all the changes I make to the pack with the new .zip? even after I delete it and push an updated version? Because that's the only problem I could see, and I have no idea how to fix that. Maybe I have to make an entierly new modpack?

After manually replacing the forge version (now using 2824, you were using 2821, shouldn't actually matter), the pack starts without issues.