Unable to create a modpack

Hyper075

So firstly before I get hate for posting this just know that:

1:This is my first modpack that im trying to make.

2:That i've spent the last 3 hours trying to find a solution (Youtube/Official Technic Launcher guides/Other forum posts)

So with that out of the way as i've said before im trying to make a modpack right now but I keep getting the issue that its unable to download the pack

I've tried things like:Changing the download service - Changing the link (raw=1 - dl.dropboxusercontent.com) - Changing from .rar to .zip

And yet still I havent found a solution to fix the issue.

Im sorry for bringing this here as I rarely ever use forums for help and almost always figure it out myself especialy now that alot of people are asking the questions about modpack errors.

PS:If this post is breaking any rules please notify me I made this as a last resort because I am tired and have spent way too much time trying to fix this (I still accept full responsibility for any punishments handed out)

Resolved

Edited by Hyper075
PS added

You did not change the file from a .rar to a .zip. You renamed it to a .zip. That does not work. It may look like it works, but its essentially a semi-corrupted file now. Also, you included too many folders. You only need bin (which should only contain the modpack jar, not all those other files), config, mods (get your mods off curseforge or minecraftforum please, no 9mc crap, and yes, Modname-Mod-MCversion is really obvious 9mc crap), and you need the Flan folder.

Why have you included a world save? Its quite large. Also, why's there a Cache folder included? >.>

Edited by JaariAtmc

2 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

You did not change the file from a .rar to a .zip. You renamed it to a .zip. That does not work. It may look like it works, but its essentially a semi-corrupted file now. Also, you included too many folders. You only need bin (which should only contain the modpack jar, not all those other files), config, mods (get your mods off curseforge or minecraftforum please, no 9mc crap, and yes, Modname-Mod-MCversion is really obvious 9mc crap), and you need the Flan folder.

Why have you included a world save? Its quite large. Also, why's there a Cache folder included? >.>

Thanks as i've said im new to this and I was trying to port my modpack from manual to technic so thats the reason for the overwhelming amount of folders ill fix it asap.

(also why is 9MC so bad i've not once had a bad experience with it)

Edit:Alright that did indeed fix it thank you very much! I feel like i've lost a couple of braincells doing this but atleast i've learned some things.

Edited by Hyper075

52 minutes ago, Hyper075 said:

(also why is 9MC so bad i've not once had a bad experience with it)

1. It steals downloads off mod creators.

2. It misrepresents mods (mod for new version while that mod hasn't been released yet for that version, so pure clickbait)

3. It doesn't updates mods, therefore giving you months, sometimes years old builds that then break. And you didn't know, cuz you had NEI-Latest-1.7.10 which was 2 bloody years old and already had 10 newer versions of which you needed atleast 8 versions later cause that included the fix that prevented your modpack from working. The amount of times this happens is no longer fun anymore. No, it doesn't have to be NEI perse.

5 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

1. It steals downloads off mod creators.

2. It misrepresents mods (mod for new version while that mod hasn't been released yet for that version, so pure clickbait)

3. It doesn't updates mods, therefore giving you months, sometimes years old builds that then break. And you didn't know, cuz you had NEI-Latest-1.7.10 which was 2 bloody years old and already had 10 newer versions of which you needed atleast 8 versions later cause that included the fix that prevented your modpack from working. The amount of times this happens is no longer fun anymore. No, it doesn't have to be NEI perse.

Alright ill see to it that the mods in my pack are replaced with mods from curse.

Either way thank you for your overall help good sir!

Edited by Hyper075