Apparently I need to download an even older version of Java Runtime? I'm on 1.8.0 or something, and it is telling me to go back to 1.5.0

OFBuddyman

Question

Alright, so as I explained from the title, apparently I need to use Java Runtime 1.5.0, instead of what I use now, which is 1.8.0. Using an older version, can sometimes have security issues. Now, I can't even use the launcher, and I don't know if this is my fault, or the people who run the launcher's fault.

1 answer to this question

20 hours ago, OFBuddyman said:

Alright, so as I explained from the title, apparently I need to use Java Runtime 1.5.0, instead of what I use now, which is 1.8.0. Using an older version, can sometimes have security issues. Now, I can't even use the launcher, and I don't know if this is my fault, or the people who run the launcher's fault.

No. The absolute minimum version of java you need to run the Launcher is java 1.5 indeed. However, it only tells you this if you don't have any java installed. You might want to check if you actually have java installed or if it is actually working. In the case of Windows, that is opening the command prompt, then typing "java -version". If it tells you that the command was not recognized, reinstall java, as it is either not installed or corrupt.