Server Hosting

ron

I use BeastNode.

They are fantastic hosts. They have competitive plans great server hardware and the support is top notch. I been with them for over a year and have loved every moment of it.

They use MultiCraft control panel which can install Mysql if you want it.

It comes with free Mumble (Like TeamSpeak)

Free website hosting

They use the latest server hardware

T1 internet so you will never have a problem with that

MASSIVE list of server locations, so you can choose one that is closest to you or your players

FTP

They staff and community are like non that I have come across before, they are friendly and know what they are talking about.

Mod Edit: All links removed. Advertising like that is not allowed. No warning issued due to age of post.

I don't really like bashing other companies... I think it's disrespectful and unprofessional but:

I don't think beastnode use VPS' If they did, they'd have much higher overheads and wouldn't be able to offer all those promotions and still make money.

(Also by the way: T1 is only: 1.544 megabits per second)

But yes, in theroy you could simply upload your current server to wherever your minecraft server should be on their site and it should work, if not it may require a little tweaking to get it to work with multicraft and their port, since they likely don't give you a dedicated IP.

(On the other hand... I would give you your own VPS, with full root access and a dedicated IP meaning you don't need to worry about ports again.)

Guess it's all about perspective :-)

I've played on 3 beastnode servers they were all very laggy lol. It could have been down to bad server operators but yeah... never can tell.

All I can say is try it out :-) and find out for yourself. At the end of the day the only person who can really make the decision about whats best for you, is you!

Ron, BN does not offer VPS, but I have never had a problem with them, I and my players never lag and I always have great customer support from them and they have a great and very helpful community help IRC.

Sorry I would also like to say that I originally started on with VPS and it was horrible, it lagged like crazy.

• 1 month later...

I use BeastNode.

They are fantastic hosts. They have competitive plans great server hardware and the support is top notch. I been with them for over a year and have loved every moment of it.

They use MultiCraft control panel which can install Mysql if you want it.

It comes with free Mumble (Like TeamSpeak)

Free website hosting

They use the latest server hardware

T1 internet so you will never have a problem with that

MASSIVE list of server locations, so you can choose one that is closest to you or your players

FTP

They staff and community are like non that I have come across before, they are friendly and know what they are talking about.

Mod Edit: All links removed. Advertising like that is not allowed.

This may be a little late and all but dont use beast node that company suck bad support sytem way to over price!

• 2 weeks later...

Any one now a good server host i have 68$ to spend and i want it to last a few months also i would like a minimum slots of 20 people on the server. Any one got any ideas please post them here thanks :D

You can get good and cheap vps from XnYnZ.com .They have wide variety of VPS plans available.You can choose a VPS that suites your needs.