Modpacks crash before loading

Kilynn589

Question

Currently having this issue where if i try to launch any modpack technic will close and instead of launching the pack it goes back to technic i have tried other methods suggested by others, but none of them seem to work for my issue, I've gave the log for when i launch the pack, however wasnt sure how much was useful.

https://pastebin.com/jYRReN0t

2 answers to this question

Hey, atleast you gave a log. Most people seem to forget that. It does help however. ...Yes, I'm totally copypasting this from one of the other posts I made. It's a common issue after all. Thanks Microsoft...

You appear to be having an issue with an unsupported Intel Graphics device and Windows 10. This issue is common for older computers and Windows 10. We recommend, if it's a desktop, to get a dedicated graphics, as it is always a better option, anyways. However, there is a fix. Please press WindowsKey + X and click on "Programs and Features" and uninstall all copies of Java. After that, install Java 8 from this link: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=98428 Start up the launcher and try again.

Hey, tried this but didn't work, i did a bit more digging and found a similar issue of not having enough RAM free, so had to go to my memory management and clear the page, and thankfully its working now.

below is what i had to do to fix the issue...

1. Hit Win Key + R.
  2. Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
  3. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management'
  4. Find 'ClearPageFileAtShutDown' and change its value to 1.
  5. Restart the computer.
Edited by Kilynn589
Additional help