Tekkit Server question

eklowet

Hello. First of all I should say I have never ever hosted a server, so I'll need some professional guidance from some nice soul on this forum. 

Basically I want to rent a server for me and my 3 friends who will play on it, so we can play Tekkit together. 
So, how much data I should expect that we will use, I have 0 idea of how many GB,s per month I should expect.

And how many gigabytes of ram is recommended?

If youre a server owner I will be very thankful if you could leave a response to this.

• 2 weeks later...

I just rented a server from GG gaming.  It honestly was a fairly decent experience and I would recommend it if you can use the 50% off code for the first month.  I have ~80 mods and I got 6gb of ram.  I have had around 8 people on with absolutely no lag and I am hoping to have at least 15 on with no problems.

DO NOT take my word as gospel please.  But I would send 3gb.  Make sure you have the ability to upgrade your sever if you need it though.  You may find you need 4gb but anything above that would be definetly overkill.  Make sure you add the mods which improve server quality such as foam fix, better fps.. etc.  TBH i am more comfortable with 1.12.2 server hosting.

Edited by m1dude

• 1 year later...