Assign more RAM

Jerdo

Hi everyone,

I am playing the 1.12.2 modpack + shaders + Sphax 128/64.
I can only assign 16GB RAM maximum for running the modpack through the technic launcher.

Setting an -Xmx argument does not change that. Is this a limitation of the Java VM or of the technic launcher. If it's the launcher, how can I increase the JVM memory to more than 16GB (I have 32GB installed)?

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2020 at 5:14 PM, JaariAtmc said:

And impact your performance more?

That isn't helpful to the original question as I to am at a memory limit of 16GB and I "Require" to go over that. It won't hurt my performance as I am running 16 RAM sticks in channel and two separate CPUs, I keep finding forums like this where people only comment something that doesn't help the original question only saying something against it.

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 3:05 AM, Sasha Night said:

That isn't helpful to the original question as I to am at a memory limit of 16GB and I "Require" to go over that. It won't hurt my performance as I am running 16 RAM sticks in channel and two separate CPUs, I keep finding forums like this where people only comment something that doesn't help the original question only saying something against it.

Did you ever find an answer? My pack is struggling with 16Gb of ram and probably needs 18-20Gb.

9 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

If your pack is "struggling" with 16GB and "needs more", you are literally doing it wrong somewhere.

It's a massive pack, 319 Mods, Add-ons, Apis/libraries, and gui/gameplay tweaks. With 8838 blocks, 14831 Items, and 49316 Textures. Maybe we are a fringe use case but all of our members have 32Gb of ram in their systems and to say we are doing something wrong in our use case is nonsensical. Moving to MultiMC solved our issue. Good Day.