Can't Decide On A Pack

ItsADuckThing

So I'm at a bit of a crossroads with which pack I'm wanting to try. I'm shooting for a lite pack, considering my current laptop is a few parts away from being considered a toaster oven. I was going to just go with Tekkit Lite. But then I seen on the launcher that there is a pack named The Classic Pack: Lite. Has anyone happened to play the Classic Pack? Is it a good pack to run single player on? I remember starting with Tekkit Classic, was actually just going to do a run on that but wanted to play something a little bit newer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Might be helpful to include what specifically you are looking for. A themed modpack, a general purpose modpack, any must have mods, just how potato your laptop is? I personally tend to stick to larger packs, as I prefer having lots to do.

Also wouldn't hurt to just download a few and try them out since they are free ;)

18 minutes ago, TerdyTheTerd said:

Might be helpful to include what specifically you are looking for. A themed modpack, a general purpose modpack, any must have mods, just how potato your laptop is? I personally tend to stick to larger packs, as I prefer having lots to do.

Also wouldn't hurt to just download a few and try them out since they are free ;)

I was looking for that nostalgic Tekkit feel. Just a pack like Tekkit Classic where you could pretty much go about your ways. I guess I should have worded it better. I was wondering if anyone has played both of the packs I mentioned above and their opinions of which was better. Thanks for the reply btw!

19 hours ago, ItsADuckThing said:

Has anyone happened to play the Classic Pack? Is it a good pack to run single player on? 

Hey, that's my pack. 'Nostalgic' is in the description! Lots of people run it on Singleplayer only, but there are also some servers included.

The lite version is lite in the sense that it is somewhat easier to run a 1.7.10 pack rather than 1.12.2, but honestly- when it comes to modpacks as long as you can actually load up, playing should be fine. The Lite pack is also The Classic Pack prior to updating to 1.12.2, so it does not have any of the new mod updates, new tweaks/fixes etc. 

2GB Ram is the absolute minimum to boot, 4GB is the recommended maximum unless you're using Shaders + a high res texturepack.

Easiest thing to do would be to load it up and see if it runs to your liking- we have a great Discord community that would be happy to give you pointers.