Custom Modpack launches vanilla?

Butter_Buddo

I've been looking on the forums for a while and i don't know what to change. It seems like i've done everything but it still does not work. Here is the link to the modpack, if you find out what is wrong i would appreciate a response. Link : https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/da-buttercraft-modpack.1776288

On 11/24/2020 at 11:23 AM, JaariAtmc said:

Forge update 2854 changed things. You need the Forge Installer renamed as modpack instead of Universal. Download and rename the Installer, DO NOT run/install/extract the installer.

I think i may be doing it wrong or something because it is still not working. I apologize if i am being stupid i just have not gotten it to work yet.

21 hours ago, Butter_Buddo said:

I think i may be doing it wrong or something because it is still not working. I apologize if i am being stupid i just have not gotten it to work yet.

I looked at it, you are doing two things wrong: You renamed it to modpack.jar with extensions hidden. That makes it that its now actually modpack.jar.jar. That's wrong, just name it "modpack" in your case.

Zip the bin/config/mods folders directly. Don't zip the folder those 3 are in. You no longer have to include the coremods folder.

7 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

I looked at it, you are doing two things wrong: You renamed it to modpack.jar with extensions hidden. That makes it that its now actually modpack.jar.jar. That's wrong, just name it "modpack" in your case.

Zip the bin/config/mods folders directly. Don't zip the folder those 3 are in. You no longer have to include the coremods folder.

I feel i may be missing something as it is still not working. I apologize if it is something simple i am missing i just would really appreciate help. Thank you for helping so far.

13 hours ago, Butter_Buddo said:

I feel i may be missing something as it is still not working. I apologize if it is something simple i am missing i just would really appreciate help. Thank you for helping so far.

😕 That's 3 seperate zips. 1 zip file, when you open it you find bin/config/mods.

Edited by JaariAtmc

@JaariAtmcI hate to be a drag, but I have been having the same issue. I followed all of the step in a tutorial and have been going through forums for hours to no avail.

I have been putting this into my mod location: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtpzmllh1kmsm0a/WarmPickle2.zip?dl=1

But the non-download file is this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtpzmllh1kmsm0a/WarmPickle2.zip?dl=0

It just keeps downloading the vanilla game instead of my mods. All of my mods were downloaded from Twitch (pre-overwolf) but I think they might be illegitimate.