Modpack successfully downloads but loads the game with no mods

mjb513

Hello,

I created a new modpack using the steps listed here. However when I try running the modpack. It just runs vanilla minecraft with no mods nor forge installed. I have used this same process to set up other modpacks and they have all worked. I have also tested the pack on my local machine using forge installer and it works perfectly. Is there something I am doing wrong? One thing I have noticed is that when I both download the pack and start minecraft using technic, it gives me the following line in the terminal:

[B#607] File version.json not found in C:\Users\MJB\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\modsquad-high\bin\modpack.jar

Thank you

Link to modpack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4owcbbyimbgml05/Client pack.zip?dl=0

Have you like checked this subforum? It's filled to the brim with the EXACT issue you have, with the EXACT same answer every time. And no, its not that BLOODY version.json not found. The day I can get someone to make that line white instead of yellow will be a great day.

Hello,

Yes I have searched the subforum and have tried multiple suggestions from extracting the universal file from the installer and downloading the universal from the website (both times the files was renamed to modpack). Neither worked. I was able to fix the issue by using a jar file from another modpack.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:55 AM, mjb513 said:

Hello,

Yes I have searched the subforum and have tried multiple suggestions from extracting the universal file from the installer and downloading the universal from the website (both times the files was renamed to modpack). Neither worked. I was able to fix the issue by using a jar file from another modpack.

Forge update 2854 changed things. You need the Forge Installer renamed as modpack instead of Universal. Download and rename the Installer, DO NOT run/install/extract the installer.