Server error

Aisukingu

So i am trying to run a tekkit server and i do everything exactly the same as any guide and i run the server with "launch.bat" and it gives an error saying: A problem occurred running the server launcher.java.lang.reflect.invocationtargetexception at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect,nativemethodaccessorimpl.invoke0(native method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.nativemethodaccessorimpl.invoke(nativemethodaccessorimpl.java:78) java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.delegatingmethodaccessorimpl.invote(delegatingmethodaccessorimpl.java:43) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.method.invoke(method.java:567) at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.serverlaunchwrapper.run(serverlaunchwrapper.java:48) at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.serverlaunchwrapper.main(serverlaunchwrapper.java:17)

caused by: java.lang.classcastexception: class jdk.internal.loader.classloaders$appclassloader cannot be cast to class java.net.urlclassloader (jdk.internal.loader.classloaders$appclassloader and java.net.urlclassloader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap') at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.launch.<init>(launch.java:33) at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.launch.main(launch.java:27) Can anyone help me?

I have installed that and i still get the same error when i run the server.

Is it maybe because i have run a 1.17.1 vanilla minecraft server which required me to install a newer java, if so how do i uninstall a newer java version

14 minutes ago, Aisukingu said:

I have installed that and i still get the same error when i run the server.

Is it maybe because i have run a 1.17.1 vanilla minecraft server which required me to install a newer java, if so how do i uninstall a newer java version

yes that was the problem i uninstalled the new java that i forgot i had installed and it works now, thanks for the help.