Cant log in with microsoft account

CosmicPotat0

Question

i recently got logged out of the technic launcher. when i tried to log back in the program freezes when i click add microsoft account and only closes if i task manager it. if i try and add a mojang account it goes onto the log in screen but i have already migrated my account

10 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Madrugada said:

as soon as i click to login through the microsoft account, the tech launcher freezes. as soon as you finish the technical process, the browser will open to login. but login fails because technique is closed

It doesn't freeze, it is waiting for the reply from the browser that pops up and where you actually log in to.

On 10.11.2021 at 10:21, JaariAtmc said:

Вход с помощью учетной записи Майкрософт работает совсем не так, как старый способ электронной почты Mojang. Вините в этом Mojang/Microsoft, они обещали решение в течение нескольких месяцев, а затем просто перестали беспокоиться об этом.

that is, there is no way to fix it now ?

Has anyone found a solution for this? I am on Linux. When I select "Add Microsoft Account" the launcher freezes. If I kill the launcher process, the browser then opens for the Microsoft login, but fails since I had to kill the launcher to get past the hang.

I found kind of a workaround. After starting the launcher, I selected the Microsoft login to get it to where it freezes. In the terminal, I checked the browser process (ps -aux | grep firefox), and I saw the login.live.com... really long URL. I copied the URL into the browser and it took me to the Microsoft login request page. From there, I accepted the authentication request, and the launcher moved forward.

On 12/30/2021 at 5:54 AM, nhitchborn said:

Has anyone found a solution for this? I am on Linux. When I select "Add Microsoft Account" the launcher freezes. If I kill the launcher process, the browser then opens for the Microsoft login, but fails since I had to kill the launcher to get past the hang.

I found kind of a workaround. After starting the launcher, I selected the Microsoft login to get it to where it freezes. In the terminal, I checked the browser process (ps -aux | grep firefox), and I saw the login.live.com... really long URL. I copied the URL into the browser and it took me to the Microsoft login request page. From there, I accepted the authentication request, and the launcher moved forward.

What is supposed to happen is that your browser opens and you login there. On certain branches of Linux, this causes issues as the way to open the browser doesn't work there. It freezing is just the launcher waiting, and only waiting, on the browser login to return a token.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:27 PM, JaariAtmc said:

What is supposed to happen is that your browser opens and you login there. On certain branches of Linux, this causes issues as the way to open the browser doesn't work there. It freezing is just the launcher waiting, and only waiting, on the browser login to return a token.

I'm in the windows and having the same problem. And the console also freezes so I can't see that link for login.

4 minutes ago, HeitorGamerHD said:

I'm in the windows and having the same problem. And the console also freezes so I can't see that link for login.

I changed the default browser for the one that I use and worked