Weird Graphical Glitches Bug Help

tackyjack1234

Question

Ok, so I downloaded the Technic Launcher not too long ago to play some modpacks I havent played in awhile. When I started the modpack that I wanted to play, I noticed that whenever I hold any book in my hotbar, the screen glitches out and makes the modpack unplayable. I like playing the questing modpacks, and it kinda makes it impossible to play if i cant see the book. If anyone can help me figure out how to fix this issue of mine, I would appreciate it.

2022-08-19_16.54.19.png

2022-08-19_16.54.24.png

2022-08-19_16.54.38.png

2022-08-19_16.54.40.png

2 answers to this question

Ah, this is because of your intel graphics drivers. Microsoft seems to have pushed an update recently to get them updated, but it turns out that this affects graphics on Minecraft up to version 1.7.10 (meaning that newer versions of minecraft are unaffected).

Your options are rather simple. Either you have a dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA or AMD), for NVIDIA you use the NVIDIA control panel to always use your NVIDIA card when doing anything with minecraft and java/javaw.exe.

If you don't have a dedicated graphics card, just downgrade your intel drivers to a version that works: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/685037/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html