Voltz and Voxel Modpack Won't Work Right

AllYourBaseABC

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.3.4

Operating System: I use an I-7, Windows 7 computer.

Java Version: Not sure, probably the latest.

Antivirus Program: Norton

Description of Problem:

When I try to open Voltz, it says logging in to minecraft.net and then it says update failed, this is the same thing for the Voxel Modpack.

Error Messages:

Update Failed! (In a little box.)

Error Log:

None.

11 answers to this question

Disable Norton, temporarily. It is stopping the download at some stage.

If that doesn't work, then I suggest you use an alternative.

A quick search will yield you much better and less intrusive Antivirus programs for free.

However, do check you have the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (7u10)

That's funny, because that says that if you reach the Mojang screen, the launcher did it's job. I never reached the Mojang screen. This is exactly where I would post this.

Well, that's funny, you never said that. Or provided a log, which is the most important piece of information you can provide when asking for assistance.

I actually did say that, I said a little box came up and I didn't mention a Mojang screen. There is no log for it. Go away if you are going to try to be a keyboard warrior. I asked for help and you are being a cunt-muffin. Nobody asked you to say anything, you are a fail troll.

There is always a log. As soon as the launcher is opened and the program starts, a log is created.

Don't ask for help if you expect to receive it providing no useful information.

Did you read this? http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/common-problems-and-solutions.10851/

Part of it says:

The launcher stops in the middle of downloading the mods.

If your AV is not on this list it could still potentially cause problems. Just like any software, we recommended you disable your AV while installing and running your launcher for the first time to avoid issues.

These Antivirus programs are known to cause issues when downloading the launcher.

• AVG
  • Norton
  • McAfee
  • Avira Because of user input, Avira has apparently fixed the false positive. Update your AV.

If you are using one of these you will have to disable them or set the Technic Launcher as an exception in order to install it. They block it by default since they don't recognize it (of course). If that doesn't work, uninstall those terrible anti-virus programs and get one that doesn't get in your way constantly. We recommend if you're paying for any of the above AV's to stop immediately, uninstall them, and get a better AV. Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avast! are two completely free AV's that work far better then all of the above. MSE especially I can vouch for, having used it for years.

But I see you say it still doesn't work when you turn it off. Norton doesn't like being turned off, and often there's a part of it that either doesn't turn off, or is a different security program under Norton.

Update Failed! is almost always caused by your antivirus. Sometimes caused by a firewall. Infrequently caused by you having the wrong Java.

Give me some credit here. Do you honestly think I would be coming back to these forums to troll? What is the point of that? You already called yourself a noob, so why should I?

You don't know how to find out what Java you have, that's ok, most people don't if they've never looked.

You provided your processor type as well as your OS when asked for your OS. A bit of an overachiever are we?

You got your launcher version right, points for you.

You're using an antivirus that doesn't turn off.

You made a point to say that your updates fail in 2 of the modpacks. Good for you! You can see my confusion? You named specific modpacks, and never explicitly said "Minecraft never loaded up" or "The mojang screen never appeared". Easy mistake to make. Sorry to pull the string that unravels your universe.

Do you feel special now that I read and commented on all of the information you provided? Have I met your failing cunt muffin troll standards?

No name calling next time. That's rude.