How to fix stutter issue from 100% allocated ram?

Luneth14

Question

No matter what modpack I play, even official Technic ones, the ram allocation is at 100% and the game stutters every 5-6 seconds. I have 32GB ram and have tried every launcher option up to 16GB, but no matter what the mods all cap out the allocated ram at 100%.

For example if I start up vanilla Minecraft from the normal Minecraft launcher, with 8GB allocated the game will say 86% allocated when I hit F3, so its something weird going on with the Technic launcher for me.

4 answers to this question

On 9/6/2023 at 10:38 AM, JaariAtmc said:

Have you checked the "Used Memory" line above that as well?

Going off of 8GB allocated, the used varies from 12% to 34% depending on the modpack, still stutters every few seconds though.
I've tried going down lower to 4GB, but the stutter issue doesn't stop and the only change is that used memory % is twice as much as it was in 8GB.

On 9/9/2023 at 5:23 PM, Luneth14 said:

Going off of 8GB allocated, the used varies from 12% to 34% depending on the modpack, still stutters every few seconds though.
I've tried going down lower to 4GB, but the stutter issue doesn't stop and the only change is that used memory % is twice as much as it was in 8GB.

The amount allocated doesn't matter here, as you are only using about 1 GB to about 2.7 GB for the modpacks. Are you sure you aren't experiencing thermal throttling of your cpu/gpu while playing minecraft? You can check this by downloading programs like CPU-Z or HWiNFO (HWiNFO preferred by myself).

21 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Are you sure you aren't experiencing thermal throttling of your cpu/gpu while playing minecraft? You can check this by downloading programs like CPU-Z or HWiNFO (HWiNFO preferred by myself).

I'm pretty sure its not that. Minecraft works fine through it's own launcher, and through curseforge launcher, its only when I try to play mods with the technic launcher that it gives me any issues.

EDIT: I just tried playing while monitoring the temp, and it only went up as high as 163°F (or about 72°C) a fairly normal temp for running games.

Edited by Luneth14