Sphax and Optifine

JZamp

Hello everyone, I was running Sphax PureBDCraft and Optifine together for a while but after a clean install of Tekkit 2 they no longer work together. Both run fine if used independently but not at the same time, however the Sphax Tekkit 2 patch works with Optifine running with no issue. Ive tried all the older versions of Optifine, all quality levels of Sphax and even older versions of Tekkit 2 and nothing seems to work. Im not seeing anything online of others having the same issue. There are tons of errors that pop up on the console but the one it seems to get really hung up on is "Unable to resolve texture due to upward reference: #side in minecraft:models/block/cube_column.json" Ive even found that file in the directory and removed it but i get the same error still. any help would be appreciated!

Same issue here. Im getting the same error if I enable Sphax Pack with the Patch.

Optifine 1.12.2 HD U G5.

I can disable Sphax and the Patch, and play with shaders just fine though.

onDemandAnimatedTextures to false in LoliASM.cfg as well, so now Im at a loss for what to do further

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was having what seemed to be the exact same issue, down to the "Unable to resolve texture due to upward reference: #side in minecraft:models/block/cube_column.json" popping up a million times in the console, and I may have found a "fix". I'm assuming that your issue is the same as mine was, where game froze and became unresponsive when loading into a world with both optifine and the sphax texture packs enabled. I've got a decent mid-high end pc rig with 32gb of RAM so wouldn't think that I'd have issues with minecraft. I tried a million different things and eventually got the idea from a legend in the technic discord server who suggested I just wait it out. So I did just that and I've discovered that after waiting nearly 5 minutes, the game actually loaded. I'd never have suspected that I'd have to wait that long for any game to load with my pc, but it turns out that any time the game freezes up, including when loading a world, I just have to wait approx 4 minutes and 30-40 seconds and it eventually resolves itself. No idea what's causing a delay of this magnitude for those of us with decent rigs but I hope this can be of some help to you folks, and shoutout to the technic discord for being so helpful. I'd also recommend allocating as much RAM as you can spare to the technic launcher in the launcher settings. I allocated the max amount, 16gb, because I can spare it. If it's still not unfreezing after 5 minutes of waiting I'd try to do a completely fresh install of the tekkit 2 pack (by deleting the tekkit 2 folder before reinstalling the pack) just to be sure that there's no other weird stuff interfering. Cheers.

On 11/3/2023 at 2:43 AM, Supernova63 said:

So I was having what seemed to be the exact same issue, down to the "Unable to resolve texture due to upward reference: #side in minecraft:models/block/cube_column.json" popping up a million times in the console, and I may have found a "fix". I'm assuming that your issue is the same as mine was, where game froze and became unresponsive when loading into a world with both optifine and the sphax texture packs enabled. I've got a decent mid-high end pc rig with 32gb of RAM so wouldn't think that I'd have issues with minecraft. I tried a million different things and eventually got the idea from a legend in the technic discord server who suggested I just wait it out. So I did just that and I've discovered that after waiting nearly 5 minutes, the game actually loaded. I'd never have suspected that I'd have to wait that long for any game to load with my pc, but it turns out that any time the game freezes up, including when loading a world, I just have to wait approx 4 minutes and 30-40 seconds and it eventually resolves itself. No idea what's causing a delay of this magnitude for those of us with decent rigs but I hope this can be of some help to you folks, and shoutout to the technic discord for being so helpful. I'd also recommend allocating as much RAM as you can spare to the technic launcher in the launcher settings. I allocated the max amount, 16gb, because I can spare it. If it's still not unfreezing after 5 minutes of waiting I'd try to do a completely fresh install of the tekkit 2 pack (by deleting the tekkit 2 folder before reinstalling the pack) just to be sure that there's no other weird stuff interfering. Cheers.

I really appreciate it! I'll have to give this a try then!