Is it possible to ban specific items from EE?

LucidLethargy

I can only take an educated guess it's not possible to ban specific items from being used with EE, but I really would love this feature so I find it vital to ask.

My specific beef with EE is that my players can manufacture ores and ingots. I would love it if raw materials like glass, sand, stone, etc. were available to my users through EE, but manufacturing essentials like iron and diamonds is to me a severe threat to trade. Machines and such are still tradeable, but I feel this is not enough.

My server also hosts different worlds where certain materials are more or less rich based on complex systems I am running, so being able to turn iron into gold is kind of a major bummer for me after all that work and thought I put into it. My guys really love EE (as do I,) so the last thing I want to do is bum everyone out with a ban, so I figured I would ask about this before taking severe actions.

Understood, although I am willing to edit code if someone is clever enough to edit this (or perhaps this is not open source, making this nearly impossible.) Either way it's almost cruel to say Bukkit isn't advanced enough when the real issue is Tekkit doesn't have any triggers for these actions (as far as I understand, correct me if I am wrong.) One way or another I actually constructed a work-around I will be testing tonight to effectively black-list items, while still allowing people to use this program.

My problem now is more that I cannot control the conversion recpes the philosphers stone has. I have a backup solution for this, but it may remove my more elegant original solution, unfortunately.