Why not have a custom servers forum?

andrewdonshik

It seems like it would go well with the advent of the custom zips to the launcher. As server owners can have users install easier, a way to advertise would be nice. You could make it clear that all support is to be thrown at the server owner, not you guys. Also, if this isn't going to happen, could you guys at least remove the no extra mods rule? This makes adding them, as said, insanely easy.

They have removed the no extra mods rule, well reworded it anyway.

A section for servers using completely custom packs sounds like a good idea, but then those packs might be considered 'public' and the mod authors would cry themselves to sleep

They have removed the no extra mods rule, well reworded it anyway.

A section for servers using completely custom packs sounds like a good idea, but then those packs might be considered 'public' and the mod authors would cry themselves to sleep

They did? And even if they did, my request still stands on this, as I really don't want to re-do my entire pack around tekkit lite. Also, just adding the custom zips feature is going to have them crying.

• Forum Administrators

Server-specific modpacks are considered private by the modding community. There are many out there. We don't want to have a custom servers section just yet because we aren't sure how we want to approach it. It may be looked at in the future.

For now feel free to modify any of the current packs and still post your servers in any of the sections. They should still be based on the main pack but you can freely add what you want. Just make sure to put something in your thread title so we know its a custom server. (As well as the link to the URL for the custom zip in the server post)

Server-specific modpacks are considered private by the modding community. There are many out there. We don't want to have a custom servers section just yet because we aren't sure how we want to approach it. It may be looked at in the future.

For now feel free to modify any of the current packs and still post your servers in any of the sections. They should still be based on the main pack but you can freely add what you want. Just make sure to put something in your thread title so we know its a custom server. (As well as the link to the URL for the custom zip in the server post)

Out of curiosity, is linking my completely different pack for a separate server in my post ok?

(I REALLY don't want to rework my pack..)

• Forum Administrators

Out of curiosity, is linking my completely different pack for a separate server in my post ok?

(I REALLY don't want to rework my pack..)

At this time I wouldn't recommend it. When people enter certain forums for servers they should expect it to be for that mod pack. Not a completely custom one.