Launcher won't download custom modpack

PureTryOut

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.4.3

Operating System: Xubuntu 12.10

Java Version: OpenJDK 7

Antivirus Program: AVG Free 2012 for Ubuntu

Description of Problem:

I've uploaded a modpack.zip to Dropbox and Mediafire, but whatever I do, the launcher won't download the file.

The zip has just the .minecraft directory in the root (bin with only the minecraft.jar/config/coremods/mods/resources).

I put the Dropbox link into the launcher in the custom modpack, it downloads Vanilla, it seems like it is totally skipping my file, and then launches plain Vanilla.

Any help...?

Error Messages:

Error Log:

3 answers to this question

Make sure you get the right dropbox link. I had this problem too and noticed the one drop box copies to the clipboard for you is not a direct link to your file, just a link to a page to download from.

Enter that link into your browser and then copy the link the "Download" button on that page uses.

You also do not need the "?dl=1" on the end.

Ive tried pretty much everything i can think of, im having the same issue. And i have copied the direct link. This is really starting to annoy me. I mean, i appreciate technic actually "attempting" to do this. And i say attempt, because its obvious its still buggy and not working for everyone. But im bout to give up hope.