Title: World ID Mismatches

Version: 0.5.1

Java Version: 7

Description of Problem:

Server wont work any more

Error Messages:

HELP!

Error Log:

I got a different world ID mismatches (i think) i just updated from 1.4.6 to 1.4.7 server.

It is saying:

Forge Mod Loader has found world ID mismatches

ID 19407 (ModID: BuildCraft:Transport, type buildcraft.transport.ItemPipe) is missing

ID 19406 (ModID: BuildCraft:Transport, type Buildcraft.transport.ItemPipe) is missing

ID 19408 (ModID: BuildCraft:Transport, type Buildcraft.transport.ItemPipe) is missing

ID 19409 (ModID: BuildCraft:Transport, type Buildcraft.transport.ItemPipe) is missing

Any thought on how to fix this?

9 answers to this question

At least the issue is consistent between us. They'll get it nailed down shortly I'm sure.

i think it has something to do with the ids in the config folders being different than the folders in the server though, not sure.

Fix your IDs! There's nothing they can do about it besides suggest that you match up your IDs, otherwise you need to start with a fresh map and have the configs synced from the get-go! I mean, they could go and redo the configs that they distribute in the pack in the even the server/client configs aren't synced between the downloads for 0.5.2, but even then if they didn't change those four IDs to what your server has them as, the issue will remain.

There's also some things that you're going to have to do yourself, especially if you want to be running a server (ie. Changing *4* IDs)

Fix your IDs! There's nothing they can do about it besides suggest that you match up your IDs, otherwise you need to start with a fresh map and have the configs synced from the get-go! I mean, they could go a redo the configs that they distribute in the pack in the even the server/client configs aren't synced between the downloads for 0.5.2, but even then if they didn't change those four IDs to what your server has them as, the issue will remain.

There's also some things that you're going to have to do yourself, especially if you want to be running a server (ie. Changing *4* IDs)

Charles, this is not an overlay of an existing because of the removal of railcraft (the users used it heavily). I nuked the entire install and used a fresh copy, in a fresh directory. Therefore, the conflict is with the distributed configs and/or plugins.

Buildcraft updated from 3.3 to 3.4. Unfortunately, block IDs change sometimes during an update. You really didn't need to start with a fresh install, all you had to do was change the 4 conflicting IDs. It probably wasn't the plugins, since there's none distributed (unless you're counting NEI :P), but even if the conflict was with the distributed configs, there are ways to go about it that doesn't involve nuking your install every time a block ID pops up.

Fix your IDs! There's nothing they can do about it besides suggest that you match up your IDs, otherwise you need to start with a fresh map and have the configs synced from the get-go! I mean, they could go and redo the configs that they distribute in the pack in the even the server/client configs aren't synced between the downloads for 0.5.2, but even then if they didn't change those four IDs to what your server has them as, the issue will remain.

This may seem like a silly question, but how do I resolve and correct the IDs? Can you teach me how to fix this so I don't have to deal with this in the future? Obviously I am a little inexperienced with this level of issue and in the past have just nuked the server, but I really dont want to have to do this everytime.