Updating your Tekkit Lite server to a newer version

Hi,

First of all I'd like to see a topic like this one as a sticky on this forum because it could be usefull for other people.

My question is fairly simple...

I'm running my own Tekkit Lite server for myself and some friends but I've been having issues figuring out how to bring the server to 0.5.2/1.4.7! Does anyone know what I should do to bring the server to the newer version of Tekkit Lite without losing or damaging things on the server itself?

Kind regards,

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that i'm connected directly to the modem... (if I'm not mistaken) the default gateway IP brings up a "page not found" on the web-browsers (tried multiple).

I've also come up with yet another question... Is it possible to have a newer client version of tekkit lite and login on an older version server? for example... right now the newest version of tekkit is 0.5.4 while the latest available server files are 0.5.2

Kind regards :)

If I'm not mistaken... Then the only thing blocking connection between you(Host), and your friends(parasites)*JK* is your firewall which I'm sure you've tried turning it off I presume? On the other hand with your tekkit lite being 5.4, and trying to log into a 5.2 Server that is a NO. The "Parasite" needs to change his/her current launcher back to a previous date. This is done by before hitting "Login" in the Technic Launcher, their is an "Option" button in that which you can change to previous versions.

The "parasites" are still using the correct version as the server. Whoever joins on my hamachi server is able to play, however... outside the server people can't join. The firewalls are off, so are any other software that could possible interfere with the connection. I'm supposed to be wide open... So there might be an other problem. thanks so far for the quick response :)

The problem is that i'm connected directly to the modem... (if I'm not mistaken) the default gateway IP brings up a "page not found" on the web-browsers (tried multiple).

Check what the stickers at the underside of your modem says. There is also the posibillity that you need to be connected to a specific port to be able to configure it.

If neither works, get yourself Utorren and then follow the directions and tips to become connectable. You can even set Utorrent to use port 25565. When you then get an external confirmation from a website that you are connectable with utorrent, you can remove that program and you will know that your server is connectable at standard port.

BTW: A parasite is an organism that does not give its host anything back. Your friends would be classified as symbionts ;-)

Open the port in your router then head to www.cmyip.com and give that IP to your friends (they cant use your local ip)

if they still cant connect you havent opened the port.

there is only 2 things to this and if the IP is correct the port is the problem or vise versa, if you still cant get it to work PM me for more personal help

Open the port in your router then head to www.cmyip.com and give that IP to your friends (they cant use your local ip)

if they still cant connect you havent opened the port.

there is only 2 things to this and if the IP is correct the port is the problem or vise versa, if you still cant get it to work PM me for more personal help

He has stated already that he does not have a router between his pc and his modem.

Now, there are a few possibilities here which are most likely:

1) His modem is a simple bridge device and does nothing aside from bridge the connection between his ISP and his PC. In this case his PC has a public address and his port availability is determined by his firewall settings on the PC.

2) His modem is also a router with its own subnet (often 192.168.100.x) and is configured to create a network bridge (Fun fact; many modems are this). Same as scenario 1, essentially.

3) His modem is also a router with its own subnet (often 192.168.100.x) and is configured as a gateway device. In this case, his PC is assigned a private IP address (192.168.x.x) and his port availability is determined by the firewall on his modem as well as his PC. This scenario is becoming more common as ISPs issue modems with WiFi capability built-in.

I am guessing his situation is scenario #3, in which case he needs to access the router aspect of his modem to configure the port forwarding. As he has stated that attempting to connect to the address of the default gateway device was not successful, he should instead attempt to connect to the address http://192.168.100.1 as this is usually the address where many modems host their web services. The ISP may have changed the default login credentials on the device however and may need to be contacted to discover them.