Tekkit Lite 0.5.1 to 0.5.2 server update breaks

pgudge

Hi All,

I tried to update my Tekkit Lite server from 0.5.1 to 0.5.2 last night, I followed a few examples on here, copying all the 0.5.2 files over 0.5.1, this gave errors and 0.5.2 would not run.

I then deleted the coremods, mods, and lib folder form 0.5.1 and copied new 0.5.2 files over. This kinda worked, 0.5.2 loaded up, but when I entered the world all the Marble blocks had disappeared :) there were no floors in any of my buildings, and quite a few items were missing from my inventory. Ruby axe, and other tools/weapons.

Is this a know issue, or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks.

Just a little tip. The way I usually update my server is downloading the server you want, run it, and then just copy your world over. If you are using bukkitforge then update and copy your plugins folder over.

My statement is pretty vague for helping, but it's what I do when I update.

I'm pretty sure it's not in the logs. I haven't really found anything that errors in the logs. Except all those Forge Mod Loader logs. Looks to me like an error. I noticed when I started a single player world it said something about Railcraft and I had to click "yes or no".

When you say that the marble is gone, do you mean like physically gone, or just transparent, almost like a world hole or something?

I can't tell if you're floating or not, I am assuming you aren't. Was your world a clean world from TekkitLite, or did it come from tekkitClassic? Just wondering.

--Hopefully you backed up your world. Did you? ;)

I will continue to look through the mods, but it seems that when it says this

2013-01-16 21:12:56 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] This world was saved with mod IC2 which appears to be missing, things may not work well

Things may not work well. I wonder if Tekkitlite updated their server but went under the same name? I don't have this issue and to fix these problems locally with friends I send them my server files.

I guess try loading a new world (Make sure to back up :) )and see if the marble is still there, or the logs look the same.

This was a new world with 0.5.1 Tekkit Lite. I shutdown my 0.5.1 server, copy the world to 0.5.2 to test to try and get it working in the evening when no one is on, and most nights I drop back to 0.5.1 server as I can't get it working :)

Will try the new world now.

Ok, started playing the new world in creative mode and did some digging looking for Marble, no luck! I spawned a block in, and the second I place a block it disappears and the stack in my inventory also disappears! Same with Marble Brick and all the Basalt related blocks! :-?

Can you or anyone see and place Marble 255 and Marble Brick 255:2 on a 0.5.2 server?

Thanks again

Paul.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzncdaekramb14h/2013-01-16_16.02.52.png I can confirm that I can see marble just fine. It would be a very big problem if I couldn't use marble as it's one of my building materials I use the most, along with stone bricks. :)

I'd suggest re downloading the server files. I would upload my server files to help you but I don't think that is allow, for safety purposes. Any luck?

Argh! Must have been a bad download or bad extraction, re downloaded and dumped my world in and now running on 0.5.2. Sorry about that, I guess I should have tried that first.I did notice some of the mods failed to download the first time I ran 0.5.2 but never saw the errors afterwards, so thought it must have corrected itself. Could have been a mod that got corrupt.

Anyway, thank you very much for your time and as you suggested, the solution :)

Paul.