Technic/Tekkit or FTB (Feed the Beast) - Which do you prefer?

ChrisPerson

First of all, I AM NOT CONSIDERING SWITCHING TO FTB WHATSOEVER! Do not accuse me of converting!

So I've noticed that there's a small crowd of people that have started using FTB, or Feed the Beast modpack. I have tried it, and personally don't like it - no OptiFine, and it had some of the more "useless" mods in it - sure, Portal Gun, as an example, is a nice trinket to play around with for a while, but it's not very useful outside of adventure maps.

When I tried FTB, I just didn't like it too much on the sense that there wasn't much decision on game balance or what went into it - it felt like a bunch of mods were just chucked into a gravel block of mods.

So I'm asking the Technic Community this one: What do you think of Technic/Tekkit, what do you think of FTB, and why? Please, keep it kind, I just want an honest opinion from the community, rather than a thread full of guys on either side flinging metaphorical poo at each other.

I just want an honest opinion from the community, rather than a thread full of guys on either side flinging metaphorical poo at each other.

Please read the entirety of any post before you post a comment on it. Otherwise, you'll miss things like the above, which I stated very clearly.

I am not looking for a debate, just the opinions of others. I just want to know what others think of the different packs.

you may think you want a simple opinion of both launchers, but invariably as there have been several of these threads already they end up back at the same point. aside from that, with the sequel to the current technic launcher nearing completion its a moot point as there are indeed shortfalls in the current launcher that will undoubtedly be fixed in the next version.