Tekkit Freeze!

cooleo148

hello,

i have the gtx 690 and im playing tekkit with all the shaders mods but as i play for a bit all of a sudden the whole game will just freeze then crash and java will stop responding!

i have 16gb ram and at first i allocated all of it but thats when it crashed quickest so i tried allocating 4gb and i thort that did the trick but it crashed again and im not sure what to do?

any help, thanks!

Your vid cards actually has very little to do with java. The crashes you get aren't due to your graphics card, java is ram intensive, which eats up the processor like mad.

It has plenty to do with Java. Making my Java use my graphics card made a huge difference for FPS. His graphics card would be able to run Shaders fine. Chances are the problem isn't here though. Are there any crash/error logs(There will be one even if it doesn't report it - it's just how Forge works) we could look at?

You might not need to, unless you have Integrated Graphics. Of so, just set your Nvidia card to the default graphics in the Nvidia Control Panel for Java. I can post a more detailed walk through, but there's no point if you don't have integrated graphics.

I'd like to know how to do this as well, please explain

You might not need to, unless you have Integrated Graphics. Of so, just set your Nvidia card to the default graphics in the Nvidia Control Panel for Java. I can post a more detailed walk through, but there's no point if you don't have integrated graphics.

I'm stealing this from someone else, because I can't be bothered to type it all put, but it's how I did it.

"To get technic/tekkit/yogsbox/magic launcher running on the right GPU, open the Nvidia Control Panel. Go to the "Manage 3D settings" section. Pop over to the "Program Settings" tab. Click the "Add" button. Browse to java.exe. The location will vary depending on your OS and java version. On my 64-bit system with Java 7 it is:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe

Where it says, "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program", select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" instead of the default "Use global setting (Auto-select: [...])" option."

If you don't have Integrated Graphics, it won't work, but you'll have the FPS boost already, so don't worry.