• Vmware 5.1 Update 1
  • Dual Xeon X5650 2.67Ghz
  • 24GB DDR3 RAM
  • 12 6Gb/s SAS HDD's in RAID5 over iSCSI on 10GB/s Fiber links
  • Guest allocated 2 CPU's with 4Core
  • Guest OS Ubuntu Linux 12.04

java -version

java version "1.7.0_11"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_11-b21)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.6-b04, mixed mode)

• tekkit version

Over the internet or over the LAN i get about the same FPS/Response time from the server. I am not sure why its lagging.

Vmware's Precormance graph do not show any sort of reason why it should be runnign the way it is. there are no spikes while the audio/FPS lag happens. I am at a loss.

If any one has an idea please feel free to post.

Thank you

I'm having similar issues, i7-2600k @ 4.2, 16gb vengeance RAM, GTX 560. Max settings, FPS between 90-130. Seems to jutter a lot when either red timers are used, filters, block breakers, recycler and such all do same thing. FPS doesn't change, and audio for these is stuttered as well. I've turned everything down to lowest setting and still happens. At a loss here too. Not the only one as well, group of 3 close friends all experiencing the same thing. Any suggestions?

Timers definitely don't help I know that for sure. Running timers at 2 seconds and it's still as bad as any other time (Never bothered to set timers to .200 as I think that is stupid anyway.) One interesting thing I have noticed and tested out, if you are playing the game on the same machine it is hosted on, it causes this stutter effect. When I hosted on a separate machine, it was greatly reduced to the point it wasn't noticeable. As for other friends, one doesn't notice anything and the other has general lag issues related to his computer anyway.

Audio will generally lag depending on how much RAM the client allocated to their client alone. You should not be receiving this problem if you use the server from a different location, with the exception that I just stated. Do not allocate more RAM than you have, and also try to allocate just enough ram to get the job done, but without forcing the system to move resources away from the sound or video card.

Servers do not actually make the sounds, it's completely up to the clients computer to decide when to do so, but in order for it to work, the server has to tell the client what is there. So, if you have clipping/teleporting mobs, inherently there will be issues.