Update Failed

iSylvir

Question

I feel like this is a really silly problem, but I just can't manage to get this to work. I am unable to get 1.2.4 on my Vanilla profile. I tried using the "Development Build" and "Recommended Build" update options, clearing my cache, etc. None of that worked. Occasionally it will tell me that there's a new update, but it won't do anything with it. No log files pop up, nothing. It remains on 1.2.3, despite downloading 1.2.4 data. I finally got annoyed and downloaded it through minecraft and dragged the Minecraft.jar file from there to the Technic pack, but that didn't do anything. Any ideas?

As I said before, I'm not getting any errors, but I'm sure my antivirus is going to be suspected. I use Microsoft Security Essentials, and it seems you're having issues with Norton and AVG. It's not particularly strict in it's settings, so I'm really doubting the issue lies within there. I'm running the latest JRE/JVE, as I am a Java Programmer as well.

4 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem, a friend just updated his server to 1.2.4, and Vanilla via the Technic Launcher only seems to have either 1.2.3 or 1.1 available, so I'm locked out of the server because of the version mismatch.

Is the Technic Launcher's Vanilla manually updated, or should it be matching at all times? Also, is it fine to run Minecraft the old standard way (minecraft.exe from minecraft.net) to get at 1.2.4 in the meantime, or does that make a mess of things? I remember having to do a version rollback of my vanilla install for some reason and I'm not sure if it was for the Technic Launcher or not because I'm really really dumb

i was able to get the technic vanilla to 1.2.4 by replacing its config,bin, and mod folder with the plain minecraft launchers one, but they share worlds now(i start a world on tecknics vanilla and it appears on the minecraft launcher game and so forth but the mods i put on the technic one dosnt show on the minecraft one so i assume it works) dont know if this helps any, or if their is a better way, whitch their probably is, bu ti hope it does,

Same happening to me. It didn't originally happen, then I left and restarted Minecraft later. I tried replacing the entire contents of .techniclauncher/vanilla with the contents of .minecraft. It just overwrote it.

Anyways, it's not meant to work in 1.2.5 since the launcher is backdated to 1.2.3 because for some reason they need vanilla to be the same version as the modded ones.