Mod select problem

iwolves

Question

6 answers to this question

I was having this problem on OS X. When I tried what it said to do in the sticky, I couldn't because the files hadn't even been created. For me, the problem was that .CFG files had been associated by default with Football Manager 2012(!). That was preventing the files from even being created in the first place.

The solution (on Mac OS X, at least) was to create a file called junk.cfg, and then use it to change the associations on all cfg files as described here: http://osxdaily.com/2009/10/25/change-file-associations-in-mac-os-x/.

Everything is much better now. I suspect this *could* happen the same way on Windows as well. (Presumably especially if you play FM12, which I highly recommend, BTW.)

So I thought I'd post this here to let people know. It was driving me crazy until I noticed in the console logs that Football Manager was running and crashing every time I clicked the mod select button!

For me, the problem was that .CFG files had been associated by default with Football Manager 2012(!). That was preventing the files from even being created in the first place.

haha holy. That's quite the obscure problem. I'm surprised you figured it out. Kudos.