Tekkit Lite Started to Lag

Berzerkerwar

I used to be able to play Tekkit Lite perfectly fine, for the past few days though, it lags terribly. I used to be able to play will the highest settings, now it lags even on the lowest settings. I installed Optifine and it doesn't help at all. If anyone knows why this is happening I'd appreciate it.

Is this single player or on a server? What hardware are you using? Any extra mods such as forge essentials? Is there any particular chunk that it's lagging in? If so what's in that chunk?

Personally I've been getting lots of lag on my 3gb fragnet server for the last couple of days, reverting to an earlier backup seems to stop it, and building something very simple with a couple of timers, 3 transposers, an automatic crafting table mk II, a rotary macerator, and two enderchests starts to hog the cpu and ram until they both reach 100%... after a minute of this the server kicks me off cause it can't respond to my client any more and i either have to revert to an earlier backup where those blocks don't exist or use mcedit to remove them from the world.

I can't believe I'd be the only one having such problems if it's a problem with one of those blocks, and it does seem to be because I can recreate it in a different chunk if I use those components again. My server is rated for 36 people... it's a server I run for a few family members only so there's only a maximum of 5 people on it at any one time so it's not 'normal play' that's causing the lag, it's a bug either in the tekkit lite group of mods or the only other one I run which is Forge Essentials.

I came across your posts as I was searching for similar problems to my own...the point of my post really is to say, without more information about your circumstances I don't know if it is or it isn't - and neither will anyone else.

Edit: I think I may have found references to my own lag problems being something to do with the rotary macerator having a redpower supply turned on when I log off

I'm noticing that I get a form of lag lately. i7-2600k @ 4.2, 16gb vengeance RAM, gtx 560. FPS is between 90-130 and I get jutters, seems to be linked to machines and power for sure. Mainly notice it when red timer on my sorting machine. But has been happening with block breakers, recycler and filters. Its weird cause my FPS doesn't drop, the screen just jutters with the tick. Even audible as well.

For the sorting machine, try using its inbuilt pull-out mode rather than a separate timer, this *should* help reduce lag, although probably not significantly. :(

Thanks, but same thing. I would be able to understand this if it only happened online, but it happens single player as well. Trying a few different things to see if helps. One thing I'm thinking is to run the server through a RAMdisk and see if same things happens. Bit extreme, but Im surprised no body else is suffering with this Jutter-Effect.

Hi, are you rinning tekkit lite using 64bit java? Is it installed?

If not:

Install 64bit java.

Use linux/unix jar launcher to run tekkit lite. (so you dont need to mess that target to java stuff while using exe).

If that doesnt help than dnno what will be problem.

Yeah Java 64bit. It's still playable don't get me wrong, its just very noticeable. I kinda hope it's just temporary thing that will work itself out in future updates. But if can isolate the problem now, maybe that will assist for future builds. As for running through RAMdisk, did stop the Jutter-Effect but did speed up the loading etc.

Getting the same thing on my small dedicated server, including some (hopefully) relevant information.

i5-2500K, 16GB RAM (Tekkit has 8GB RAM, install is on a 5GB RAMDrive) - Running Win Server 2012, although I can reproduce this stutter lag in Server 2003 and an extremely stripped down copy of 7 Pro (Which I'm going to digress and say performs like 15% smoother than Server 2012, I am so switching back soon.)

For what it's worth I'm also using mcpc-plus 1.4.7 r1.1 snap 182, if people (Including myself) are also getting the lag in ssp, I'd say this points to the problem being a specific mod, not the core game itself. I'm upgrading to snap 186 as I'm writing this, doubtful it will change anything, but I like to keep my server running bleeding-edge anyway. Where else do bugreports come from?

As far as I can tell, the lag started when lite's version ticked from 0.5.8 to 0.5.8.1, but I've not bothered to go find out what changed between 0.5.8 and 0.5.8.1 - anyone have a handle on that?

None of my players had noticed any lag in the 2 days I was running 0.5.8 and suddenly everyone had it when I deleted /mods and uploaded my client's mods folder to upgrade it.

redpower timer = lagspikes

At least that's what I experienced. I got a rather significant lagspike at each tick the timer did, and it matched perfectly with the intervals. If I set it to 1 sec, then the lag occured every second - 5 sec timer = 5 sec intervals between lagspikes. And it wasn't just me, the entire server noticed it.

redpower timer = lagspikes

At least that's what I experienced. I got a rather significant lagspike at each tick the timer did, and it matched perfectly with the intervals. If I set it to 1 sec, then the lag occurred every second - 5 sec timer = 5 sec intervals between lagspikes. And it wasn't just me, the entire server noticed it.

That I could understand in multiplayer. But when this happens on Singleplayer as well = confused. I will try get a recording of it happening. Only other way to describe it, little like screen tearing and lag together. The map we play has about 3 active players and all bases have nothing unusual. When I play it via Singleplayer, same issues. What I find weird is one friend has the exact same problem and the other only notices a slight lag but nothing he would readily notice.

At the moment, its made playing Tekkit unbearable. To be able to play now in a ok fashion without getting a headache, I have to switch all machines off as well as timers. (timers are far away from base and wirelessly fed in) On another note, if I move away about 2/3 chunks from base when everything is running, the jutter-effect disappears completely. Other way to not be effected from what I can see it build all machines away from base and have house out in the middle of nowhere, not exactly great huh lol

EDIT: tried to FRAPS it and FRAPS stutters so much its like your watching it at 1 FPS when it's clearing 60+. Confused lol

My lag problems have been resolved as of my upgrade last night from mcpc-plus 1.4.7 r1.1 snapshot 182 to snapshot186, rp2 logic tiles are once again ticking as they should and logic tiles with a pointer are all operating smoothly again as opposed to jerky movement or no movement at all.