need help with combining mods on server / pack

earthpalladin

OK, I'm buying a rack mount server with 2 quad core Xeon CPU's

i know little of changing block id's or otherwise programming, so here goes...

i want to combine thaumcraft into tekkit classic, and remove microblocks and computercraft (only if necessary)

i'm hoping that with technic, i could combine these mods, and with bukkit, i could

run a server

If you lack the knowledge to do something like change block ids to prevent conflicts, I would seriously advise against buying a dedicated server, because I can't imagine it will be anything even close to an easy ride for you. Seriously, think hard about if that choice is right for you, if you decide to do it anyway, I'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction.

thank you, but i want to learn, and the server is relatively cheap. besides, i can still use it for a tekkit, vanilla or other server. (i'm currently running a private tekkit / lite server for family)i know it'll be frustrating, and possibly time consuming, but learning this is worth my time to me.

ok so here's the deal: mods are made with a certain version of minecraft in mind. this means that newer mods written for newer versions are not backwards compatible with older versions. why do I bring this up? thaumcraft 3, the only multiplayer capable thaumcraft, was never made for minecraft 1.2.5, which is what tekkit classic runs. what you want to do is literally impossible unless you rewrote thaumcraft 3 to work in 1.2.5 yourself, or you rewrote thaumcraft 2 to be SMP compatible.

can thaumcraft 3 be added to tekkit lite? yes. classic? no.

edit: as far as removing microblocks, those are part of redpower2 and I don't think they are part of an easily removable module. you could get rid of them, but it would mean removing RP2 completely. if you're fine with that, then go for it.