Technic Launcher Updater has stopped working

RunningDingos

Question

Hey!

When i try to launch the launcher to install the Technic pack i get the error message "Technic Launcher Updater has stopped working"

I am running Windows 7 x64 and has the latest updates, my Java is 64bit and is the latest one.

I am using BitDefender Total security 2012 as my antivirus and fire wall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Duncan.

15 answers to this question

i have the same problem.

Just like the other 1,000 people posting about it, and still no solution.

I just downloaded the Technic Launcher 7.2 off the website, i click it, its asks if i want to run it, i click yes, and it says "Technic launcher updater has stopped working " I re-downloaded the launcher multiple times, and it still refuses to work. i have the latest version of java which i downloaded a short while ago because someone said that would work, and it still refuses to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

@migi, i don't have an antivirus and this problem still comes up

someone sent me their launcher through skype, and now i dont get the error message but now i get a technic logo which closes after a few seconds. anyone having this? and how do i fix it?

Im haveing the same problem, and i have a brand new machine, no sort of antivirus whatsoever. i also downloaded the latest version of java, still not working.

i have the same problem.

Just like the other 1,000 people posting about it, and still no solution.

I just downloaded the Technic Launcher 7.2 off the website, i click it, its asks if i want to run it, i click yes, and it says "Technic launcher updater has stopped working " I re-downloaded the launcher multiple times, and it still refuses to work. i have the latest version of java which i downloaded a short while ago because someone said that would work, and it still refuses to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

All of you need to make your own bug report. Also try reading the COMMON PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS sticky.

I have the same thing as Murphycraft, why is it not working, and why have they not resolved this problem by now? It says the Technic Launcher Updater has stopped working, I turned off my antivirus, I have the latest version, I have the updated java, I have windows 7 and I tried downloading the one that says windows and it doesnt work, just the problem I said earlier. I tried downloading Linux/Jar and It brings up a J-zip file with no launcher or anything. When I type %appdata% in start, I click roaming and go to .techniclauncher and all it has is a folder called logs and in that there is a blank, 0KB text document titled launcher_init. Any help would be nice, I have watched 6 tutorials how to install this and NOTHING WORKS. Also, Jorcer, I looked in the Common Problems and solutions sticky and tried what it said I should do and nothing works. My friend has the same type of computer with technic running smoothly, and he did the exact same thing he did to get it on my computer, and it still didn't work. WHAT IS GOING ON?!